Rumours that Helenius has pulled out of Euro title fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumours that Helenius has pulled out of Euro title fight

According to Sauerlands twitter:

Didnt want any of Our Dell Boy after the mauling he got last time.

Chisora vs Joshua next according to the rankings (assuming Klitschko and Povetkin pass).

Good fight. Perfect for Joshua at this stage, and a good opportunity for Chisora to make another payday.

Edit: Now apparently official

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news...alle-sauerland

Comment

That's crappy news for Chisora. I had a feeling that could happen.

Comment

Helenius knows he can't beat Chisora. He got beat fairly easily the first time around and Chisora has actually improved since then.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
          That's crappy news for Chisora. I had a feeling that could happen.
          Not so bad mate.

Potentially gets a shot at the Joshua sweepstakes. Sky PPV, all the bells and whistles. He'll surely make more for this fight (if it happens) than Helenius

Comment

That's a shame but not that surprising.

At least del boy stands to earn more v Joshua and we can get a decent card out of it.

Comment

God damn, Wtf Helenius? This guy has all the potential in the world to do serious damage in the HW and he's squandering away.

Comment

Has Helenius a money fight lined up ? Wouldn't surprise me if Hearn has explored him as potential Joshua opponent.

Comment

"Dereck was well up for the fight. He's looked tremendous in training. Since he signed with us, he's put himself at it and has had three fights in a matter of weeks. It's like the Chisora of old - the one who gave Vitali Klitschko problems a few years ago.

"If Helenius gives up the belt then okay - thanks for wasting our time. The next one is Klitschko, who's lining up a Fury rematch. Then there's Povetkin, who's in talks with Wilder. The next one in the rankings is Joshua, so it would come down to a Chisora-Joshua fight. In the UK, we don't need to do much selling there!

"The fight would be imminent because it would be ordered. It would then be up to us to agree a deal with Matchroom, and we have a very close working relationship. The fighters have their demands, we represent those and try to reach terms. That would be the next step.

"It's all speculation at the moment because as it stands, the rumours of Helenius vacating are only that and we're still going to a purse bid tomorrow... but strong indications are that they've got cold feet."

Comment

I didnt realise Helenius was champ, I thought him and Teper/Chisora were going for a vacant belt

Comment

Working...
                    X