Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Bradley resigning with Top Rank and terrible move?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only payday Bradley would see in GBP is a fight with Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      Key word "RESIGN" he seemed to have been forced to resign to get the rematch he was suppose to have been guaranteed and was promised in his contract 10 million yet only got 6....SO WHERE DOES HE GO FROM HERE??

i guess we'll find out moving forward wont we? maybe you can make this thread AFTER his career hits the toilet...but so far so good...he went from fighting Devon ****ing Alexander in front of 37 people to being in the main event of ppvs

Comment

No, it was not a terrible move. Bradley has peaked. He would have a longer career fighting with TR. Fighting the Rios, Provo, or Alvarado sounds about right.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
          since you defended stevenson for signing with showtime based on money reasons, this thread is hypocritical. bradley said himself top rank pays the best.

he has gotten big paydays. he got 6 mil vs floyd. rios got 4 mil vs pac whereas ortiz got 2.5mil, guerrero 3 mil.

now im jus going by the reasoning you use which is money and anybody who doesnt agree "is a damn fool" in your words. fighters fight to get paid etc - these are all things you said to defend stevenson.
          True but he would have sold more PPV's with Mayweather probably, making more there and probably more at the live gate too.

Those guys only made that much because Floyd is paid so heavily. I mean you don't see Pac getting 35-40 Million guarantees.

Comment

Originally posted by KaL-EL View Post
            The only payday Bradley would see in GBP is a fight with Floyd Mayweather.

yup and Floyd woulda put up another bogus poll;

who should i fight? Bradley or Collazo with Collazo somehow winning at the end

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              He's beaten Witter, Peterson, Holt, Alexander, Provonikov, and Marquez. He only needs another legit win or two. The Marquez win helped him big time.

But he could have gotten big money fights at Golden Boy too. Mayweather would have been a huge fight, and if he ever intended to risk moving up again he could have fought Canelo too.
              I don't see who he can beat at Tp Rank to improve his standing in boxing history if he ends his career at Top Rank, but I'm no future teller either.

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              (a) I'd be fairly certain he cares more about his wallet than the HOF
              (b) He's probably already getting in regardless.

I'd like to see Bradley fight all those guys, re-signing with Top Rank is not good for the fans (excepting last night's fight) but I can't say it's a bad move for Bradley. He's exploiting the lack of opponents for Marquez and Pacquiao at Top Rank and getting well paid for it.

Besides, once Oscar fires Schaefer we may see some crossover anyway
              Im speaking as a fan, as anyone here should be. I don't know what you guys are on about.

The Top Rank recycled fight fest has already had fans grumbling all over. It's only going to get much much worse with time.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Slider View Post
                Maidana, Malignaggi, Judah, Khan, Alexander, Danny Garcia?

All these guys are around to fight, and all have their names well within the door of the public.
                Like I said, he's only 30, so he has plenty of time to cross the fence, though a couple of names from that list may well be gone by the time he gets there. None of those are really PPV fights, so I don't really see why he'd run out the door for them.

Comment

Lol, I think it was a good move for him. Butt he it wasn't the most ambitious move. He will forever just be a b side at top rank IMO. If he had signed with Gbp, he would have had the chance to build his name in ways he won't on the other side. As a fan I just hate the fights that will no longer happen because of his decision.

Comment

Translation for this thread:

"Why did Bradley sign with TR, when he should have sat around hoping and praying for a Mayweather fight?"

Comment

Originally posted by Red Slider View Post
                      I don't see who he can beat at Tp Rank to improve his standing in boxing history if he ends his career at Top Rank, but I'm no future teller either.

Im speaking as a fan, as anyone here should be. I don't know what you guys are on about.

The Top Rank recycled fight fest has already had fans grumbling all over. It's only going to get much much worse with time.
                      I agree with you. Money wise Bradley staying with Top Rank was a good idea. He's gotten paydays with Pacquiao and Marquez before already, winning one of those fights was a huge win for him. He got the Pacquiao rematch payday, and though he lost, HBO was already talking about Pac-Bradley III, so you know that could happen next year. There's also a Marquez rematch, which would be good money. So Bradley still has options to make good money with Top Rank.

But.....

as far as career and resume wise, it was a bad move. I mean do we really need to see Bradley lost to Pac a 3rd time, and who really wants a Marquez-Bradley rematch??? The only rematch that would be interesting possibly is the Provonikov one, but it's not Provonikov is some top tier fighter. At 140 he's a good fighter, but he's not some sort of Top ranked WW by any means. And aside from the pointless Pac/JMM rematches, and the decent Provo rematch, he's left with guys like Rios, Vargas, and Alvarado.

Not exactly good wins on his record.

I don't think we'll see Bradley beating anyone legit the next couple years, but whatever. He got paid. Good for him. I still like him and I'm a fan. I just wish he could have gone to GBP to mix it up with guys like Thurman, Maidana, Guerrero, Khan, Mayweather, Garcia, Matthysse, Broner, and maybe even 154 guys like Canelo, Lara, Angulo.

Comment

Working...
                      X