No announcement yet.

Juan Marquez's thoughts on his lost to Floyd Mayweather Jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juan Marquez's thoughts on his lost to Floyd Mayweather Jr

People seem to give Marquez every chance to dis-credit FMJ's win over him.
    Such as the CW or him being bloated or even to Mayweather coming in over weight.

However Marquez seems to admit how good, or great Mayweather is.
    He would listen to anybody that listened on how he believes that he beat Pacquiao 3 times unofficially, but doesn't seem to care or dispute the loss to Floyd.

And now that he seems to be more comfortable at 147, if he felt he was cheated on the scales, wouldn't now be the time to call out FMJ for a rematch?

It's a bad style match up for him no doubt. Shorter arms, slower against a better counter puncher is just all wrong for him. The Norwood fight too.

Comment

Originally posted by bravestone View Post
      It's a bad style match up for him no doubt. Shorter arms, slower against a better counter puncher is just all wrong for him. The Norwood fight too.
      exactly, and maybe Marquez knows that, regardless of the weight that night, it was just a bad style...a slow counter puncher vs a fast counter punch...not good

Comment

It's a case of styles make fights, and one guy being naturally bigger, and stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
          It's a case of styles make fights, and one guy being naturally bigger, and stronger.
          Well to me that means alot, makes me think about Marquez, it takes alot of guts to admit that his style is just not effective against another top fighter.

Comment

mayweathers has a longer reach and quicker hands, he stood back and sniped away at a seemingly plodding marquez and marquez kknows ha'll have a hard time catching him with his relatively slower hands as mayweather doesn't put himself in the position to get caught the way marquez caught pacquiao

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
              exactly, and maybe Marquez knows that, regardless of the weight that night, it was just a bad style...a slow counter puncher vs a fast counter punch...not good
              If Marquez had Castillo's ability to cut the ring off he'd have fared much better.

Marquez thrives on guys coming at him which is why his best performances are against Diaz, Katsidis, Pacquiao, etc whereas Castillo could get it done v movers and punchers/

Comment

Originally posted by bravestone View Post
                If Marquez had Castillo's ability to cut the ring off he'd have fared much better.

Marquez thrives on guys coming at him which is why his best performances are against Diaz, Katsidis, Pacquiao, etc whereas Castillo could get it done v movers and punchers/
                So does Bradley style play into Marquez's advantage?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                  So does Bradley style play into Marquez's advantage?
                  Depends fully on what Bradley shows up, and if Marquez has the power to finish him. I expect Bradley to nick a decision.

Comment

I think marquez beats bradley, he goes way too crazy sometimes, marquez could easily knock him out or out box him. BUT, i could also see bradley being just too fast and tall for him.

Comment

Working...
                    X