Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name a fighter from any era 160-175 that you will favor over Andre Ward.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name a fighter from any era 160-175 that you will favor over Andre Ward.

Outside of Roy Jones Jr.

Let's just say for arguement sake.
    Ward fights the same way at 175 as he does at 168.

Middleweight no weight limit. I'm talking Hagler with his 160 self against Ward with his 168 self.
    Also realized that at 175, there are a dozen fighters at least who is on par if not better than Ward. Don't need to list them all. Just 1-2 you
    favor.

I will bet heavy money that 175 Spinks will knock Ward out. Cold. 175 Foster and 175 Charles as well. Harder to find at 168 and 160 though. Maybe Toney and Hopkins.
    Definitely Calzaghe.
    Last edited by Deathknight88; 11-28-2012, 01:59 PM.

James Toney

i think Ward beats prime Calzaghe

Comment

I haven't see what Ward is like at pro 175.

at 168, he beats everyone apart from RJJ and Toney

Comment

Roy Jones Jr.

Comment

Jones 168 or 175
          Foster 175
          Spinks 175
          Toney 160
          Hagler 160

Comment

Hagler, Monzon, Hearns, Leonard, Greb, Robinson, Calzaghe, Ottke, Jones, Charles, Moore, Spinks, Conn, Hopkins etc.

Comment

Sort of pointless to ask the question at 160 and 175 seeing as his prime so far is 168. But I'd venture to guess RJJ at 168. I think Ward beats Calzaghe but what do I know.

Comment

Apart from Jones...

For me prime Hopkins would beat him, but I may be proved wrong on this over time.

I think Ward beats Calzaghe in a close UD, his footwork, and technique is the difference in this fight.

He beats Toney for me, 7-8 times out of 10. Toney on a real special night could beat him, but he was such an enigma with the inconsistency, and weight issues, that you have to favour Ward.

I personally think Ward beats a Monzon head to head.

Haggler...hmmm not sure maybe Marvin walks him down, I actually think this is a bad style match up for Hagler.

Charles at 175 IMO beats Ward.

Comment

Roy of course.

Comment

We haven't seen Ward at 175. And at 160 he wasn't in his prime. So at 168 outside of Roy no one beats him Toney has a chance.

Comment

Working...
                    X