Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emanuel Steward to train Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Santiago seemed to be doing a decent job in the corner from what I could tell. Telling himt o keep his back off the ropes and not let him out of the corner. When he told Miguel to start working the uppercut, he did and it started to land.

Comment

Nacho and roach are guys Cotto can improve with imo, Steward is not.

Comment

I think Nacho should train Cotto, that would be a dream match up and I think that could make Cotto 100% better.

I know it will bever happen but he could train in the mountains and his stamina would be insane.

Comment

First thing Stewart always says when a fighter gets hurt is:

"I think he is done, he does not know how to clinch"

What is ironic about that statement is all of Steward's fighters suffered that fate. He could not teach a fighter how to clinch if their life depended on it.

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
            I think Nacho should train Cotto, that would be a dream match up and I think that could make Cotto 100% better.

I know it will bever happen but he could train in the mountains and his stamina would be insane.
            Why not? Cotto is always looking to get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Animalistic View Post
              Why not? Cotto is always looking to get better.
              I think it could happen from Nacho's side but I don't know if Cotto would bring himself to contact Nacho and ask him to take him on.

Comment

After the way Steward was talking about him during the Clottey fight, i wouldn't want him as a trainer. I agree with the other guys here. Nacho and train in the mountains, though i don't think Cotto really has much of a stamina problem, more like a trainer problem.

I don't see Cotto having to much pride in asking him...he's a pretty humble guy.

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
                  I think it could happen from Nacho's side but I don't know if Cotto would bring himself to contact Nacho and ask him to take him on.
                  If his camp tells Cotto to look at Nacho and hire him Cotto would have no problem asking him.

They are a perfect macth.

Comment

Originally posted by jazbo View Post
                    After the way Steward was talking about him during the Clottey fight, i wouldn't want him as a trainer. I agree with the other guys here. Nacho and train in the mountains, though i don't think Cotto really has much of a stamina problem, more like a trainer problem.

I don't see Cotto having to much pride in asking him...he's a pretty humble guy.
                    I think that people are exaggerating what Manny said about Cotto during the fight. As a matter of fact I will even say he was right on in his comments. He basically just said it would be a tough fight for Cotto and it was. He was being outboxed on the outside by Clottey and was being pushed back the entire fight.

He also commented that Cotto should attempt to catch Clottey with a left hook as Clottey throws his own and he was right about that as well.

People get very sensitive when commentators don't drool over their favorite fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by nosfer View Post
                      what do u think?

discuss......
                      nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cotto is finished. cotto has been officially taken off my favorites list.

Steward is the worst trainer of all-time.

Comment

Working...
                      X