Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone else tired of Emmanuel "the windbag" Steward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

steward knows alot, but he does look for things that would back his predicitons. Clottey wasn't even bothering Cotto in the first couple of rounds, but if you were listening to Steward on the radio you would think Cotto was about to get knocked out or something.

I like Kellerman, and anyone who doesn't think Kellerman and Co. shouldn't constantly remind us about Margo's loaded gloves just doesn't understand how criminal and low Margo's camp was to do that. Lampley does refer to compubox like a videogame, but each man is adding to the next, and that's his thing i guess. Merchant is awesome, i just love making fun of him. pan a slow close up and that dude is like the drunken jim morrison of boxing analists. kellerman has great history and i like the fact that he will challenge others views. Steward is an expert at recognizing gameplans and shifts within them, i just don't know what he had against Cotto in this fight.

Comment

Floyd Sr would be great. i might spit up whatever im drinking though from laughing so hard. Roy Jones was cool, and i think Hopkins would be perfect. the team of those two together would be boxing 101 with professor X and Dean Jones

Comment

This thread is funny I have always hated listening to Stewards commentating
        He is sooooo annoying!
        As others point out every fight even if he pick the other guy he just says "oh yeah I pick Clottey to win but I knew IF the fight with 12 it would be a victor for Cotto" or
        "Yeah I picked Clottey to win but if there going to be a knock out it would be from Cotto as I predicted"
        What????

LOL the thing I hate the most is he is so dry. It could be the biggest knockout in the history of boxing. And Manny Steward says in a very boring tone "yep there it is a knockout". "I saw it coming for the last few rounds he was ready to go"
        I hate Steward!
        The only commentary I hate worse is Teddy Atlas. There ought to be a law that if you get a certain % of fights called horribly wrong, you are banned from commentating. Atlas would be the first to go.
        I hate how he acts like a trainer talking to his fighter every statement he makes on the air.
        Steward is too boring Atlas gets too excited!

A fighter can land a jab and Atlas goes "BAMMMM THERE IT IS see that jab I talked about in ROUND 1....BAMMM there it is again"

LOL!

Comment

Manny can get a bit annoying but he acts like a know it all because he is the man knows more about boxing than 99% of the people that post on these boards will ever know. **** BHop hes liable to start talking out of his ass like hes done in the past talkin about being unbiased who here thinks he would ever root for a white guy? I liked RJJ and Foreman they were my favorites. I also enjoy listening to Merchant slur his way through a broadcast.

Comment

Thought he was very good during Cotto vs. Clottey, in the face of some extreme nutugging from his fellow commentators.

Comment

whats getting annoying is lampley's outer space comments like" thats true manlove"

Comment

and bhop would be great...He would tend to be a bit monotone and rambley but the poor grammar would keep you awake and listening

Comment

roy jones should replace him

Comment

[QUOTE=Sutekh uvdabrix;5509052]whats getting annoying is lampley's outer space comments like" thats true manlove"[/QUOTE]

that shiet had me lmfao!!!!! "manlove" who the fock says that???

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                      Steward was telling the truth, lamply went into cheer leader mode and brought out him pom poms, and sounded like he was going to cry and wanted to see Cotto quit based on his cut and go to the cards. Dude is a ***g.
                      Steward damn sure was telling the truth.. he even said " i dont see how any judge can have cotto winning this fight" that was the 7th or 8th rd i believe.. than at the end of the fight.. seems like they told emanuel to get back on the wagon.. Steward than started saying he fell in love with cotto in this fight.. pure bs

Comment

Working...
                      X