Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Stops Kassim Ouma in Ten Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I don't think so. Ouma was hurt and I think he was not going to survive the next rounds, good stoppage IMO.

Comment

So this means I guess that Darren Barker is better than Golovkin now and Martinez shouldn't fight him. LMAO.

Comment

Golovkin is falling into the same light as Pirog, two guys that really need to step up. They have been fighting lackluster talent and despite being good fighters, they are going to get beat, because they aren't supreme talent. The more you fight lesser talent, the greater chances one of your opponents that has nothing to lose, lays it all on the line, and beats you. Before that happens, their promoters need to strongly weigh these options and go out and get a huge fight, cash in, and make these guys a few bucks. If they were amazing talents I'd say keep running them out there against anyone to make a buck here and there but it's obvious that they aren't as special as a Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquaio or some of the other legends in the game. Their promoters need to wise up.
        Last edited by Check; 06-18-2011, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
          Golovkin is falling into the same light as Pirog, two guys that really need to step up. They have been fighting lackluster talent and despite being good fighters, they are going to get beat, because they aren't supreme talent. The more you fight lesser talent, the greater chances one of your opponents that has nothing to lose, lays it all on the line, and beats you. Before that happens, their promoters need to strongly weigh these options and go out and get a huge fight, cash in, and make these guys a few bucks. If they were amazing talents I'd say keep running them out there against anyone to make a buck here and there but it's obvious that they aren't as special as a Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquaio or some of the other legends in the game. Their promoters need to wise up.
          Pirog has been calling out Martinez for ages and Martinez keeps ignoring him and saying he's not worthy. Golovkin just broke away from his European promoter, so let things play out a little before passing judgement. I think Golovkin is better than Pirog and I was even less impressed by Pirog's last fight and I think Martinez would beat him. I'd probably favor Martinez over Golovkin too. But it would be a competitive fight I believe. Golovkin should improve his defense and become a faster starter if he expects to beat Martinez.

Comment

Say what you want, but I was actually quite impressed by Golovkins resilience in this fight. No one looks good against Ouma, and Golovkin looked pretty bad up until perhaps round 6. Golovkin continued to go forward at him and eventually broke him down. He's got an almost Mexican pressure fighter style to him, not as aggressive as say Angulo or Rios, but he seems to be more cerebral.

Comment

oddly enough I was both impressed and unimpressed with Golovkin in some respects in this fight.

I was unimpressed that he was having trouble with Ouma...Ouma is past prime, and while still cagey and a pretty decent fighter most if not all people were expecting Golovkin to cruise to an easy victory.

on the other hand, I was impressed with Golovkin's tenacity. Many amateur stars are not durable and are afraid of brawling, and Golovkin had no problem trading firepower and bringing the fight to Ouma with lots of punches at close range. Also his body shots had plenty of snap on them, which is why he was the first person to stop Ouma in a really long time.

I think this is a good learning experience for Golovkin. he needs to work on his head movement a lot especially at close range, but I actually think the style he showed in this fight would stylistically favor him in a matchup against Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                dang...2011 posters doe

Comment

Golovkin was sick with the flu for that fight, but didn't want to cancel because his opportunities were few and far between.

Despite how he was feeling, he became the first to stop Kassin Ouma.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                    dang...2011 posters doe
                    What's your point, moronic know nothing Turk?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                      Golovkin was sick with the flu for that fight, but didn't want to cancel because his opportunities were few and far between.

Despite how he was feeling, he became the first to stop Kassin Ouma.
                      Welcome back. Did you make sure to wipe your chin after this post FFS?

Comment

Working...
                      X