Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you swapped Maidana out for Porter in the first Mayweather fight, what do you see?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you swapped Maidana out for Porter in the first Mayweather fight, what do you see?

Off the top of my head, I think I had it 116-112? for Floyd in the first Maidana fight.

So now I'm wondering: what happens if you swap Maidana out for a guy like Porter? A real welterweight unlike Maidana, but just as aggressive and wild with fantastic conditioning. I'd imagine just as strong, as well.

I want to say Floyd wins a very close split decision, but what do you all think? Maidana gave Floyd he'll that fight, can't imagine Porter not doing the same.

maidana fought dirty asf something porter wouldnt do

Comment

If brook and thurman beat porter mayweather would have aswell. But he defo would have struggled with porters wildness

Comment

There are actually numb skulls out there that thought Maidana was working Mayweather. The fight only look the way it did because he carried Maidana. Mayweather could have made it look easy anytime he wanted to and when he did the last 8 rounds of the fight said it all. Floyd aint his lil bro Broner.

Mayweather too sharp. Porter wouldn't bull rush him because he'd get Ricky Hatton'd.

Comment

Floyd would have demolished Porter.

Comment

Mayweather would easily beat Porter who smothers and clinches anytime he'd be in range to have any success against Floyd. Mayweather would jab-right hand him, push his head down, put that elbow on his throat and score continuously inside and out. Porter would also eat a bunch of check hooks coming in. Maidana doesn't get credit for being crafty, dirty, and finding a way to work a very awkward fighting style. Porter and Maidana are very different fighters.

Comment

Working...
            X