Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beterbiev NEEDS to defeat Stevenson, and then we'll get the unification we deserve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beterbiev NEEDS to defeat Stevenson, and then we'll get the unification we deserve

Kovalev mustn't face Artur Beterbiev right now. While a FUN fight on paper, it would just be Kovalev making a routine title defense against a novice contender.

Since the Stevenson VS Kovalev unification fight is so difficult to make, Beterbiev who is also managed by Al Haymon -- should face Stevenson for the WBC Title instead. Beterviev is a much better victory for Kovalev, once Artur takes Stevenson's place in the division.

Lets eliminate 38 year old Stevenson from the equation, and replace it with Beterviev vs Kovalev as the Unification super-fight of Boxing.

Beterbiev only has a few fights I think he said he need 2 more fights before he challanges for a title

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
      Beterbiev only has a few fights I think he said he need 2 more fights before he challanges for a title
      That's irrelevant to the point we were making.

Whether he fights Stevenson/Kovalev now or later, I'm saying is he needs to replace Stevenson and take his status in the 175 division, and replace Kovalev Vs Stevenson with Beterviev Vs Kovalev as the Super-fight.

Meanwhile, Kovalev is busy and on a collision course with Ward --which is a big fight on paper, although it doesn't feel like one. But that also is irrelevant to the point.

Comment

I'm sure Haymon will eventually feed Stevenson. Expect that fight to happen by end of year if Beterbiev keeps knocking opponents out.

Comment

Both are w/GYM so not sure that's part of the plan

Comment

Working...
          X