Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welterweight Super Six

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swap tim bradley for spence and i likes it.

Comment

I think people are underestimating Spence, yeah he would be the least experienced without a doubt. But the other guys only have like one or two good wins under their belt anyway. Actually, the two most experienced going in would be Khan and Garcia and they probably won't be the favorites to win the whole thing. Ward and Dirrell didn't have a lot of experience going into the Super Six and they did well for themselves (Ward did beat Miranda though). So it might be a mistake to put Spence in there, but I doubt Spence is going to want so sit out for Two years and fight lower level opponents in the meantime. Getting Bradley in would be difficult because it's PBC/Top Rank and I'm sure Top Rank will have options for Bradley anyway. Rios is also Top Rank.
      Plus, the tournament could begin early next year, which would give Spence the rest of this year to get a decent name under his resume.

Ward and Dirrell were about the same age Spence is now and also had around the same amount of fights.
      Last edited by HI-TECH Boxing; 06-23-2015, 07:58 PM.

Comment

no bradley?

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
          swap tim bradley for spence and i likes it.
          yep bradley or even marquez will beat some of those guys...

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
            How about a Super Six at Welterweight?
            Isn't it a bit early for Spence? I mean, no disrespect to the guy, but would we be talking about him much if Mayweather wasn't trying to push his career along further? Shrug, well even if he was in the tournament I'm sure he's skilled enough to be a factor.

Shrug I say make it an even 8 - you can consider adding Bradley, Sadam Ali or even Maidana if he is still able and interested in fighting @ 147. This way you could do elimination instead of round robin.

Would love some sort of tournament, allow us to develop some new fighters in the soon to be post May/Pac field.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob View Post
              Isn't it a bit early for Spence? I mean, no disrespect to the guy, but would we be talking about him much if Mayweather wasn't trying to push his career along further? Shrug, well even if he was in the tournament I'm sure he's skilled enough to be a factor.

Shrug I say make it an even 8 - you can consider adding Bradley, Sadam Ali or even Maidana if he is still able and interested in fighting @ 147. This way you could do elimination instead of round robin.

Would love some sort of tournament, allow us to develop some new fighters in the soon to be post May/Pac field.
              People keep bringing up Bradley but he's with Top Rank, I tried to make it as real as possible. Most of the guys I've named are with PBC and Brook probably won't have a problem fighting on PBC, unlike someone like Bradley or Rios. Ali is even worse because he's Golden Boy. Maidana is about ready to retire and definitely won't commit to a tournament that will last about Two years. I've also already discussed the 8 man tournament and Spence in posts earlier. Like I said Spence doesn't have to be in it and could be replaced by Broner, Algieri or someone that can actually fight on PBC, but I seriously doubt Spence is going to want to sit out for two years waiting for the tournament to end.
              But I guess, it was just a thread for fun but like I said I was trying to make it as real as I could.

Comment

People keep bringing up Bradley but he's with Top Rank, I tried to make it as real as possible. Most of the guys I've named are with PBC and Brook probably won't have a problem fighting on PBC, unlike someone like Bradley or Rios. Ali is even worse because he's Golden Boy. Maidana is about ready to retire and definitely won't commit to a tournament that will last about Two years. I've also already discussed the 8 man tournament and Spence in posts earlier. Like I said Spence doesn't have to be in it and could be replaced by Broner, Algieri or someone that can actually fight on PBC, but I seriously doubt Spence is going to want to sit out for two years waiting for the tournament to end.
                But I guess, it was just a thread for fun but like I said I was trying to make it as real as I could.
                Good points. A shame the industry is this way.

Comment

I'll let Spence to participate. He can leave the tournament as big name and top P4P.

Comment

so lets call it the Al Haymon WW tourney then...

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                      so lets call it the Al Haymon WW tourney then...
                      So you're a Haymon hater, now? Well Haymon has the best Welterweights in the World. Brook is the only one not with him and luckily for us he probably wouldn't have a problem fighting on PBC. Bradley is done, he's been struggling against guys like Chaves (a guy even a less experienced Thurman handled pretty comfortably, at least better than Bradley). Marquez is old and probably will retire. Rios is a bum and will get his ass beat against Brook, if it happens next. Who else is left? Ali? Golden Boy.
                      The cool thing about this tournament it could happen if they wanted to. But of course there will be people like you that want to see PBC and Haymon fail at all costs. If this somehow became a reality, there will be people that will still find a way to complain.

Comment

Working...
                      X