Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who is not excited about the Donaire-Rigo fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BRITISH LlON View Post
    See, but that is the strange thing. Because I really do watch boxing. For whatever reason I don't care too much about this fight. I won't watch it live (because I would have to stay up all night here in europe), but I will watch it tomorrow. But I am not excited about it.
    By the way, it will be a very technical fight, so I am sure a lot of people here will be disappointed.
    Truthfully I love a good technical fight.

It is called the 'sweet science' after all.

Least your honest about it I suppose. I'm just glad two top guys can get in the ring to see who's better (same for Canelo-Trout).

Comment

Im very pumped for this fight. Not because I think it will be terribly exciting (Im expecting a hunt and peck type fight with a HUGE ending) but because its rare that you get a fight on the highest levels that is really a pick em fight. You almost always have an obvious favorite. A strong argument can be made for either of these guys to win the fight. Plus, they both bang hard enough that either could possibly pull one out of the bag if it isnt going their way. Gotta love it!

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
        Truthfully I love a good technical fight.

It is called the 'sweet science' after all.

Least your honest about it I suppose. I'm just glad two top guys can get in the ring to see who's better (same for Canelo-Trout).
        But isn't is true that Rigo can stay very defensive, which he will against a puncher like Donaire. And Donaire can do absolutely nothing against a guy who just stands there or walks around with a double guard (as could be seen in the Vazquez Jr- Donaire fight).
        So my prediction is Donaire will punch on Rigo's double guard the whole fight and probably not find an opening.

Comment

Originally posted by BRITISH LlON View Post
          But isn't is true that Rigo can stay very defensive, which he will against a puncher like Donaire. And Donaire can do absolutely nothing against a guy who just stands there or walks around with a double guard (as could be seen in the Vazquez Jr- Donaire fight).
          So my prediction is Donaire will punch on Rigo's double guard the whole fight and probably not find an opening.
          Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
            Well it is a fact that smaller weights dont get much love than higher weights so your not alone.But for me I'm more excited for this fight than any other coming up(Tied with Canelo-Trout actually). It will be like watching two real life ninjas fighting. I'd watch this fight over two fat uncoordinated slow heavyweights fighting anyday of the week.
            Yep. That's exactly how I see it.

Comment

fans should be supporting this kind of fight
              so we will get more of this kind

whats happening is the opposite thats why were getting more of like a floyd vs guerrero type of fights
              they giving us more of that kind of fights because we spend money on those SHlTS

Comment

Have a hard time believing a serious boxing fan wouldn't be at least some what interested.

Comment

U r da only 1!! I would pay to watch this fight!!!
                  get a life.

Comment

I'm excited for Donaire Rigo I love matchups between two highly skilled fighters

Comment

I see it as just another Donaire fight. People overrate his opponent leading to the fight. When the fight is over, the opponent is forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X