Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's so Scientific about the "Sweet Science"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elfag View Post
    There isnt any science. But it is analytical and strategic, which is why its compared to a chess match so often and why they even have some kind of combination boxing/chess game.

But sweet science sounds a lot cooler than sweet strategic sport.
    Well it is a science even if you don't realize it.

Positioning, such as distance from opponent, speed and force and timing of a punch that's physics. Fighters may not consciously make those adjustments by doing math but their brains does it automatically and it gets better the more you train leading to better accuracy etc etc.

Preparing for a fight, eating right, training the body right like not under or overtraining losing the weight steadily, nutrition is chemistry and biology. I know we don't think of it that way but it is.

Granted you can apply this to almost any high intensity sport but it doesn't make it any less true.

Comment

there is nothing on this earth that does not use math dude.... it comes from the hebrew word ahmath which means truth.... example: if i throw 2 jabs faint one then come with an upper cut.... i used math... bad thread bro come on!

Comment

Working...
      X