No announcement yet.

Anybody has shoulder problems?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
    so i couple of years ago i dislocated my shoulder playing basketball. ever since then, my shoulder became weak and could easily pop off just by simply overextending it. for example: i go for a rebound and a guy pulls down my shoulder it can be dislocated. so i went to the doctor and he recommender athroscopic surgery but he says there's no guarantee that it'll work so instead of paying thousands of dollars for the surgery i opted to do the therapy. it seemed to work fine and havent had an incident for about two years until today. i dislocated it making a pass playing basketball. it didnt hurt much as before and the guy in the gym was able to pop it back in. iam fine right now and it doesnt even swell or hurt.

my question is has anybody got an arthroscopic surgery on their shoulder? how long does it take to recover. iam an active guy i like working out and playing ball. should i just start over with the therapy again.
    tore my labrum back in january couldnt lift or do anything with it till i had surgery, which happened on May 26th. I was in a sling for like only two weeks afterwards and finished therapy today. But then again i aint no ***** and i actually tried hard to get the **** done. Get the surgery done

Comment

I see now, Paul. I didn't think you were tall anyway for some reason. Anyway that sounds like a major problem. It means you can't get in a fight or horse around, right? You should take supplements and workout specifically to strengthen those joints often, cause if you don't you're fcked.

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
        I see now, Paul. I didn't think you were tall anyway for some reason. Anyway that sounds like a major problem. It means you can't get in a fight or horse around, right? You should take supplements and workout specifically to strengthen those joints often, cause if you don't you're fcked.
        My right hand is the strong on and I lift weights almost every day, I just cant do stuff like regular bench-press, pushups, ect. And my left shoulder doesn't stay out of place or anything, I can do whatever I want with it, but when i go down for a pushup you can tell just by looking at my back that it's doing something COMPLETELY different than what it should be.

Thankfully years of playing bass have made my grip/forearm pretty developed and overall my arm is healthy, It's just weaker than my right hand and makes working out a much more tedious process.

Comment

I cannot sleep well because of my right shoulder. Range of motion is fairly limited. Ventral (anterior) side I have full range of motion, but I can barely get my right hand above my belt line on the dorsal (posterior) side. All the lifting over the years has not helped at all.

Comment

Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
            I dislocated my shulder bad reaching in to steal a ball.Since then it pops out once in a while.I even popped it out playing golf.It's a pain in the ass but I don't wanna have any type of surgery
            yeah same here with the surgery iam just unsure about the recovery time. my shoulder has dislocated at least ten times that when it happened today. i only feel a slight pain.

Comment

Working...
            X