No announcement yet.

If Arum wants Lomachenko to become a star he must fight M. Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    He's headlining his next fight. So one of us will be proven wrong. I'll admit if I'm wrong. Will you?
    sure but he isnt selling out. hes not that popular. frampton brought more fans from europe than mikey did from LA

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
      What the hell are you talking about? Garcia has fought two fights over the past three years. He's no star.

You could say he needs to fight Lomachenko if he wants to become a star.
      Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
      Mikey isn't at the level of making someone else a star let alone he's had 2 fights in close to 3 years. Lomachenko isn't selling out Arenas either but for what it's worth he's got a little machine called HBO behind him who are giving him dates (next one in April). I think they may end up fighting next year but we also gotta look at Mikey and Bob's history and whether or not Bob wants to work with him. Bob and Haymon have already done business so that's not really an issue either on top of what Network they'd fight on. But the notion that Loma needs Mikey to launch himself to being a star? Nah...Mikey's not there yet either.
      Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
      I don't have favorite fighters. I see things as they are.

You guys have a way of skewing things. Garcia/Rojas fight, backed up by Frampton/Santa Cruz peaked at 549K while the Walters/Lomachenko fight at 761K. Guess which fighter deserves to be called star more than the other based on those ratings?
      Originally posted by A.K View Post
      First off maybe in your world you think mikey is more known, but in reality loma is the new face of hbo he's much more known not only in the us but around the world he's a bigger star google can even back this up, -and not every Mexican knows of mikey either most Mexicans are causals and only watch boxing for pride and mikey isn't a superstar or even a star yet for them to know I was talking to a few canelo fans I know irl the other day about Mikey's fight and they didn't even know him.
      So it's the complete other way around.
      Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
      So if Loma needs Mikey to become a star, who does Mikey need to become one himself?

Mikey co-headlined the Frampton/LSC 2 and it did 643K at peak, while Loma vs Walters did 761K without any supporting undercard.

That looks like Mikey is the one who needs somebody to become a star, doesn't it?

Personally, I would like to see this fight ASAP before Mikey moves up to 140, which seems not far away.
      Originally posted by killakali View Post
      Mikey has never sold out any venue. He isn't a big ticket seller.
      Originally posted by killakali View Post
      sure but he isnt selling out. hes not that popular. frampton brought more fans from europe than mikey did from LA
      He's headlining his next fight. So one of us will be proven wrong. I'll admit if I'm wrong. Will you?

Comment

There you go again with this extremely biased poster.
        Haymon can't even produce PPV worthy stars despite having the most number of fighters bar none.
        Yet all his focus is on Bobfather, Oscar, etc. Kills me.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
          There you go again with this extremely biased poster.
          Haymon can't even produce PPV worthy stars despite having the most number of fighters bar none.
          Yet all his focus is on Bobfather, Oscar, etc. Kills me.
          So the ratings and attendance I posted is bias? Read the date when I wrote this topic, idiot

Comment

So the ratings and attendance I posted is bias? Read the date when I wrote this topic, idiot
            Wow. Garcia Broner was a much bigger fight with two a side type fighters and that's all it did. I get the attendance with the tickets being slashed 40% two weeks before the fight and all the freebies like pbc always does. But those ratings are pathetic for thst fight. Broner would do almost double that on hbo. Mikey did better than that on hjoninleser fights. These guys have really fallen off

Comment

Working...
            X