Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for old school fans. I need to identify an 80's fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for old school fans. I need to identify an 80's fight.

Some time ago, I watched a clip on youtube that, apparently, has been taken down. It was an HBO boxing telecast from the 80's and one of the fighters was knocked out cold. Then, Larry Merchant was interviewing the guy and he was denying that he had been knocked out as if Merchant was wrong and making it up. The fighter was black and, from memory, I thought it was Marlon Starling but he was never stopped in a fight. Does this ring a bell to anybody?

5:25

Is that it?

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
      Some time ago, I watched a clip on youtube that, apparently, has been taken down. It was an HBO boxing telecast from the 80's and one of the fighters was knocked out cold. Then, Larry Merchant was interviewing the guy and he was denying that he had been knocked out as if Merchant was wrong and making it up. The fighter was black and, from memory, I thought it was Marlon Starling but he was never stopped in a fight. Does this ring a bell to anybody?

it was Starling vs Molinares..he got KOd and claimed he didnt..Molinares hit Marlon with a punch after the bell

Comment

and if im not mistaken, it might have been Cortez as the ref...not sure

Comment

So I was right thinking it was Marlon Starling after all. Thanks for the research, guys.

Comment

Working...
          X