Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Black Panther' Hype: "Erik Killmonger Is The Best Marvel Villain Since The Joker"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty hype for this already, really hope it's not a letdown.

Comment

Movie fkin sucked and Michael B Jordan being compared to Ledger is a fkin joke.

Comment

Despite the big hype among people I know I haven't considered seeing it just yet

I think I'll wait to stream it

Comment

Watched this last night. Definitely not a better villain then Joker. Thats f#cking ******ed.

But he's among my most liked villains from a movie I've seen. He's up there with Boba Fett (was legit happy when I found out via a dork a$$ books Fett didn't actually die like it looked in ROTJ) & Keyser Soze for me. I was rooting for him to f#ck up Black Panther's sh^t. When he threw dude off the waterfall I was like "f#ck yea....that mfer better be dead"...but he wasn't as always with the bs comic book movies.

Comment

Originally posted by -2 Scrappy- View Post
            Pretty hype for this already, really hope it's not a letdown.
            Its standard comic book fare. Michael B Jordan & his sidekick are really the only standouts in the film I thought. Solid middle of the road superhero movie. Its not Avengers, but its not Batman vs Superman either.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Watched this last night. Definitely not a better villain then Joker. Thats f#cking ******ed.

But he's among my most liked villains from a movie I've seen. He's up there with Boba Fett (was legit happy when I found out via a dork a$$ books Fett didn't actually die like it looked in ROTJ) & Keyser Soze for me. I was rooting for him to f#ck up Black Panther's sh^t. When he threw dude off the waterfall I was like "f#ck yea....that mfer better be dead"...but he wasn't as always with the bs comic book movies.
              LMAOOO. You need to edit that and type spoiler alert, bro.

I mean I saw the movie days ago. But for other peeps!

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                Saw the movie. Black Panther had some big problems.. But for now I'll stick to the subject of the thread - Mr. Jordan.. Wow ok.. The people who have been comparing him to Ledger need to be stuffed into the next Space X rocket mission on a one way ticket to Mars.

Comparing Erik Killmonger to Heath's Joker is like comparing the TV movie they made about John Gotti back in the 90's to 'The Godfather.'

Jordan came off like a wannabe gangsta tough guy, swinging his neck around and pantomiming acting hard like one of the Wayans brothers in 'Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood.' I could not believe how one note and inauthentic his portrayal was.

The only reason it wasn't flat out horrific is because Michael himself is such an inviting and easy to watch presence on screen. He's the kind of guy you root for no matter what he's doing but this performance was a joke. It seemed like he was doing his best impersonation of The Game.. He even sound like him..

He looked big and strong and sold it physically with his movement and appearance but when he spoke and gestured it wasn't working at all.

Jordan in real life is a graduate of Howard University and that's what he seemed in this movie.. Like a square, college educated guy from the suburbs pretending to be a villain.. He failed epicly.

The character Killamonger is an MIT graduate and military expert. He wasn't supposed to be a street thug. Either you didn't understand what you were watching, don't know anything about the comic book, or both.
                Last edited by joseph5620; 02-17-2018, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  He's up there with Boba Fett
                  Always felt he was an overrated hypejob. Is it his cool armour that makes people like him so much?
                  He went out like a b*tch...

Is black panther as dumb and "racial/political" as it looks?

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout_finit View Post
                    Always felt he was an overrated hypejob. Is it his cool armour that makes people like him so much?
                    He went out like a b*tch...

Is black panther as dumb and "racial/political" as it looks?
                    Yes at least for me. Worst marvel movie ive seen. Its not super bad just worst among the MCU. It has some good moments, overall its meh.

You got all black actors and black director expect a racial tone to it.

Comment

I haven't seen Black Panther buy I'm going to our on a limb here to say Ledgers (RIP) Joker was a ridiculous, over the top, scenery chewing, Method Acting parody, ham fest of the highest order. Caesar Romero was better in the role. Even with white power over his mustache.

Comment

Working...
                      X