No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oleksandr Usyk vs. Tony Bellew: Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sangy View Post
    You've almost put it all together, but let me finish the equation for you. A lot of people think Usyk was down in the fight, but he wasn't even close and I'll tell you why--12 rounds.

Bellew, for 5 rounds, pushed himself beyond his own physical limits in order to evade Usyk's offense and set up those countering shots. His speed was legitimately so much higher than Usyk's in those rounds that there was nothing he could do about it. In round 6, his speed immediately cut in half. His feet, his upper body movement, and his hands all cut in half from one round to the next. He had used up all the fast energy stored in his muscles in 5 rounds with 7 more to go. That's how he was winning rounds. Bellew simply did not save anything for later. And you can not expect to win the early rounds against a man who is willing to blow everything before the fight is halfway through.
    Lol....thank you

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      Please just go away. I'm not interested in trying to have a discussion with somebody who posts the kind of shit that you are spouting in this thread.
      I thought you were a grown man. Turns out you're an Usyk fanboy who thinks Bellew is "world class". You're just a fkn muppet, a baby so pipe right down with your pathetic bollux. But at least we know big Tone was "world class" (because he was beating the great Usyk).. or maybe Usyk isn't as good as you so badly want him to be. Being a fanboy is never a good look but clearly you're long past caring.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurgutt View Post
        Just can't get all this talk about Bellew outboxing and Usyk struggling LOL.
        The only explanation for such a widespread delusion is the sheetty quality of the video stream these people might have watched.
        Just find the fight in HD and disillusion yourself.
        Or check compubox fight stats, for Christ's sake.
        So why was Bellew up by 3 rounds and by 1 on another card if Usyk wasn't struggling to win rounds? Was he just giving rounds away for free? Was he deliberately walking into Bellews counter right hand? Compubox says Usyk was only landing 1 in 4 and you can take that figure down a bit knowing that they often count misses or skiffs.
        So tell me, who was ahead on the cards by 3, 1 and one card even? And how did he manage to win rounds? Obviously not by outboxing Usyk. So how?

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
          Maybe but Bellew threw an awful lot of Hayemakers and was missing and constantly being backed up. He was getting hit to the body which doesn’t help and every time he got clipped to the head his entire body looked like it was in shock.

I have to reiterate the game plan Tony executed was excellent and it is very hard to look special when you are being countered for fun. However from the end of round 3 Usyk was beginning to have his way without not necessarily being dominant.
          My general point is: Usyk was supposed to be the round gatherer with his superior boxing skills and Tony's best chance would be to land big with his counter right. What I saw was Tony outsmarting Usyk with the cat and mouse game and Usyk was very unsure as to how to approach Tony until he visibly started gassing in round 6 or whatever it was. Two judges as well as most onlookers had Bellew ahead by 2 or 3 rounds. That means by definition, Usyk was struggling to win enough rounds. I sense Golovkin/Kovalev fever with Usyk. Any critique results in outrage. These men are flawless gods of the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvlus Marv View Post
            I thought you were a grown man. Turns out you're an Usyk fanboy who thinks Bellew is "world class". You're just a fkn muppet, a baby so pipe right down with your pathetic bollux. But at least we know big Tone was "world class" (because he was beating the great Usyk).. or maybe Usyk isn't as good as you so badly want him to be. Being a fanboy is never a good look but clearly you're long past caring.
            Lol .. you do know that Bellew has been a top 10 ranked fighter in 2 weight divisions for over 5 years and is a former WBC cruiserweight world champion?

Not world class doe!

Comment

My general point is: Usyk was supposed to be the round gatherer with his superior boxing skills and Tony's best chance would be to land big with his counter right. What I saw was Tony outsmarting Usyk with the cat and mouse game and Usyk was very unsure as to how to approach Tony until he visibly started gassing in round 6 or whatever it was. Two judges as well as most onlookers had Bellew ahead by 2 or 3 rounds. That means by definition, Usyk was struggling to win enough rounds. I sense Golovkin/Kovalev fever with Usyk. Any critique results in outrage. These men are flawless gods of the ring.
              I sense xenophobic insecurity about EE fighters at this forum. Any attempt to give Usyk the credit he clearly deserves for defeating 2 unbeaten world champions and unifying a whole division, on the road, in just 15 fights, results in outrage.
              Last edited by kafkod; 11-15-2018, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Lol .. you do know that Bellew has been a top 10 ranked fighter in 2 weight divisions for over 5 years and is a former WBC cruiserweight world champion?

Not world class doe!
                He beat Makubu (who'd only fought outside South Africa ONCE) for the title - good puncher shyte boxer. Then BJ Flores as a defence.. Good, solid win. Not forgetting an SD over Cleverly at CW. So that proves he's world class coz it was the WBC belt. Obviously you're talking in relative terms because if you're putting Bellew alongside GENUINE world class fighters with blinding skills then you really are a fkn muppet, which is ironic to say the least.
                And for the record, nowhere did I remotely suggest he went life and death with Bellew. Not even close. You're just a triggered fanboy full of shti yourself, and I casn't be arsed with fanboys, black, white or purple. Simple as that!

Comment

He beat Makubu (who'd only fought outside South Africa ONCE) for the title - good puncher shyte boxer. Then BJ Flores as a defence.. Good, solid win. Not forgetting an SD over Cleverly at CW. So that proves he's world class coz it was the WBC belt. Obviously you're talking in relative terms because if you're putting Bellew alongside GENUINE world class fighters with blinding skills then you really are a fkn muppet, which is ironic to say the least.
                  And for the record, nowhere did I remotely suggest he went life and death with Bellew. Not even close. You're just a triggered fanboy full of shti yourself, and I casn't be arsed with fanboys, black, white or purple. Simple as that!
                  Believe you me, I'm not saying Bellew was as good as the best in his division, like Gassiev and Breidis, but, without a shadow of a doubt, you can't win a world title without being world class. Simple as that!
                  Last edited by kafkod; 11-15-2018, 11:23 AM.

Comment

I sense xenophobic insecurity about EE fighters at this forum. Any attempt to give Usyk the credit he clearly deserves for defeating 2 unbeaten world champions and unifying a whole division, on the road, in just 15 fights, results in outrage.
                    What? You really are a fkn cuckoo. Personally, I've had too many late nights watching and cheering on Kovalev or Golovkin knocking mofos out, so just put your xenophobia card away. Any other cards you want to play?

Comment

What? You really are a fkn cuckoo. Personally, I've had too many late nights watching and cheering on Kovalev or Golovkin knocking mofos out, so just put your xenophobia card away. Any other cards you want to play?
                      Going by the way you're talking about them both in this thread, I'm sure you cheered even louder when Ward got his gift decision over Kovalev, followed by the most disgracefu fake cheat "win" I've ever seen in 30 years watching the sport.

And when GGG was robbed of the win that everybody knew he deserved in the first fight with Canelo.
                      Last edited by kafkod; 11-15-2018, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X