Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Eddie Hearn's arrogance and generally being a coont hurt AJ's popularity?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's definitely hurt him. People don't like guys like Hearn, guys that have the aura of a used car salesman. Hearn's inconsistency in the Wilder negotiations and ultimate inability to seal the deal before Fury snatched it away clearly hurt Hearn and AJ.

Personally, I think AJ is allright. Hearn just represents him poorly.

Comment

Depends on what you men by popularity. If you mean the ratio of people that actually like him and want to see him win versus people that dislike him and want to see him lose then yea his popularity has been hurt.

If you mean will effect how many eyeballs he can attracts to a fight, then no because it doesn't matter much in boxing if someone wants to see you win or lose as long as they feel some kind of way they are likely to tune in and invest in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
        Only on Boxingscene can there be a thread about a fighter's popularity when the fighter sells out stadiums.
        He asked the opinion of boxing fans on this site. He isn’t outside wembly asking a bunch of singing drunk casuals their opinion.

And it looks like he’s not wrong from the looks of the conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by Manlikefemi View Post
          LMAO...I find it hilarious whenever Joshua is doing a media interview, Hearn always slithers into the background because he dosent trust AJ with a simple conversation without saying anything that affects his brand negatively.
          Look at the whole “give me £50million...”

All the backlash and the shítstorm that came out of Joshua just blurting that out. Prime example.

Hearn has took his dads advice to stall, Joshua doesn’t help that by sounding willing in the media so they shut him up. AJ surely knows that, he can’t be that dim.

Comment

Of course it does, no one likes Eddie Hearn over here but i also think they are able to seperate Joshua and him. They recognise that his role is to promote. With Joshua expectations are always high especially because he set high standards early in his career, winning those belts after only 16 fights wasn't great for him IMHO, it meant he had no where to hide, he had to improve and do better even if his opponents are higher calibre than the ones he use to dispatch. He was even on Sky this week saying "He can't please everyone", the pressure of this fight and Wilder not coming to the table for the April fight is getting to him.

Comment

Two things have soured me on AJ:

- Yes, Hearn's arrogance, pathological dishonesty and general smugness has polluted my view of AJ. AJ allowing Hearn to be his face and spokesperson and does reflect on AJ and I do find myself feeling more negative about AJ because his promoter is such a tool.

- The dishonesty and duplicity shown by Hearn and AJ in their public handling of the Wilder negotiation has definitely caused me to feel more negatively toward Joshua.

Comment

Hearn's fighters will catch the heat just like any of Oscar's GB stable.
                So No & Yes to this question.

Everyone will have their eyes on this Sat. Fight tho haters & fans alike.

Comment

What s Hearn done that's so bad?

Comment

eddies arrogance and constant lying/contradictions has put a target on AJs back, eddies doubt has also rubbed off on AJ, he seems like a cool guy but mentally he seems to has lost belief in himself. I think if hearn wasn't around we wouldn't be seeing aj wilder next and AJ would have taken that 50mil without hesitation, but after that; hearn silenced him and I know for a fact it messed with him mentally. Since the whole hearn negotiation fiasco all Aj talks about is losing and it seems he doubts himself. His interviews have gotten significantly worse as well...Just my opinion

Comment

I can't see how is his popularity not sky high right now but haters like you gonna look for any chance to discredit other fighters than Wildher, keep sucking Alabama fraud balls

Comment

Working...
                      X