No announcement yet.

Makings of a glass jaw: Anthony Joshua getting mollywhopped and dropped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RussB23 View Post
    You really wanna start this thread with all the ammo there is against wilder lol? Ok watch these clips.

/thread, we all know whats gonna happen when AJ starts unleashing combos on him
    Stop being a little fu cking ho catching feelings. You act like it’s you in the video.

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
      Both guys don't have the greatest chin.

Wilder got dropped and ko'd in the amateurs. In his pro career Harold Sconiers dropped Wilder and almost had Wilder out, the round ended Wilder recovered and got the KO win. Sconiers is 18-27-11 KO's and 2 draws has a 23% KO percentage and he dropped and badly hurt Wilder. Wilder's been hurt by Molina, hurt in sparring by Haye, dropped and hurt by Klitschko and we saw him hurt against Ortiz.

Joshua has been stopped in the amateurs, hurt and dropped in sparring with Okolie, Dubois, Price. We saw Whyte hurt him and Klitschko drop and hurt him.

Bottom line is both Wilder and Joshua do not have great chins.

Joseph Parker, I've never seen hurt. They say he hasn't been dropped in the amateurs or the pros.

Makes sense since Parker is of Samoan descent like the Iron Chinned David Tua. But Tua proved he had a great chin at the very top level. Let's see if Parker has that kind of a chin at the very top level too.
      Wilder has proven himself to have a decent chin. AJ fans can no longer lie about his chin so their next strategy is to say "Wilder doe". Wilder is a fking mess but the dude proved his chin is on the opposite end of the mohs hardness scale from AJ's.

Let's just deal in reality.
      Wilder; powerful, rugged, terrible boxer.
      AJ; skilled boxer, terrible stamina, chinny.

It evens out, and that's why everyone is dying for this match. If AJ had everything to his advantage, there would be no interest in this.

Comment

I think both Joshua and wilder proved they have heart.and they still haven't reached they peak yet.and there both clean fighters.getting better without roids.doing boxing proud

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Wilder has proven himself to have a decent chin. AJ fans can no longer lie about his chin so their next strategy is to say "Wilder doe". Wilder is a fking mess but the dude proved his chin is on the opposite end of the mohs hardness scale from AJ's.

Let's just deal in reality.
          Wilder; powerful, rugged, terrible boxer.
          AJ; skilled boxer, terrible stamina, chinny.

It evens out, and that's why everyone is dying for this match. If AJ had everything to his advantage, there would be no interest in this.

I'm neutral on it. Getting dropped and almost KO'd at the end of a few seconds in a round by Harold Sconiers who has a 18-27-11 KO's record, 23% KO percentage doesn't show me that Wilder has a better chin. Neither does AJ' getting dropped by Klitschko or in the amateurs, etc... show me that Joshua has a better chin.

They don't have the greatest chins. There's plenty of footage on both that show that they don't have the greatest chins, Lol.

These guys are not David Tua or Oliver McCall as far as chins are concerned, that's for sure.

With all that being said I agree the fight is intriguing because both are vulnerable and they both can hurt each other. A lot of intangibles and things come into play as well.

Joshua does suffer with stamina, definitely. And as you said a lot of things are minuses or pluses for each fighter.

Well, we will see how things play out from here with Joshua's fight coming up. We'll see how he looks. But yeah, I'm hoping for the Wilder vs. Joshua fight at the latest by the end of this year. Hopefully we will all finally see it.
          Last edited by True That; 03-18-2018, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Weak chinned heavyweights?

As If getting hit on the point of the chin by an 18 stone fighter can be brushed off.

Both these guys will be sparked out if they continue to face top heavyweights. It is what happens.

Also Whyte hurting AJ you can take in its merits. It was a good shot and Whyte is a proper heavyweight who can at least punch his weight.

It makes me laugh when people say Tyson Fury is feather fisted. I do think some people are so accustomed to seeing 10 stone 7 fighters they don't really understand on even a basic level that heavyweights are massive.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
              Stop being a little fu cking ho catching feelings. You act like it’s you in the video.
              You sound like you caught feelings over the evidence of wilders suspect chin i posted.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                Neither Wilder or AJ have very good chins for world champions from what I have seen. Ortiz almost had Wilder out but he missed or grazed him with most of his punches. Wilder and Aj can both easily knock each other out. It's just a matter of who lands a big punch clean first. Parker seems to have a good chin and may beat AJ and Wilder as well.
                You dont take a Klitchko full thrust right hand and not have a chin, you do know Klitchko didnt just hit him once right ?

You know who would have a suspect chin?

A guy rocked by weak puncher Spzilka , and a guy getting knocked down from a JAB by a 5'9 over weight dude . Along with a journeyman named Harold Sconiers blasting him into the ropes on his seat !
                Last edited by juggernaut666; 03-18-2018, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                  You mad .....BRO ?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Everyone who has landed a decent shot on him has got him wobbled or worse. Dylan fking Whyte had him in trouble. That's a seriously telling sign.
                    Mmh this is a total blind lie.

Klitschko landed a massive right hand in the very first round of their fight. Landed additional massive hands on him left and right.

He went down from a right hand bomb and got up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                      Weak chinned heavyweights?

As If getting hit on the point of the chin by an 18 stone fighter can be brushed off.

Both these guys will be sparked out if they continue to face top heavyweights. It is what happens.

Also Whyte hurting AJ you can take in its merits. It was a good shot and Whyte is a proper heavyweight who can at least punch his weight.

It makes me laugh when people say Tyson Fury is feather fisted. I do think some people are so accustomed to seeing 10 stone 7 fighters they don't really understand on even a basic level that heavyweights are massive.

I agree with you there. I don't know if we can say Heavyweights have weak chins.

Some Heavyweights can absorb more than others.

Heavyweights like David Tua and Oliver McCall have never been knocked out. So there are cases of a few Heavyweights being able to absorb more than others.

Comment

Working...
                      X