Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training in 20oz. gloves? (like Andre Berto - Video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have you ever looked at the guy, hes in phenomenal shape and he looks like a tank. hes been boxing forever. why dont people understand that what pros do dont work for what joe shmoe does...

Comment

Originally posted by boxingsmash69 View Post
      Any reason for disapproving of heavier gloves?

From what I heard, your boy Calzaghe also used 20oz gloves in training. I remember seeing training footage of Calzaghe wearing oddly oversized gloves on the bags. I'm sure it's not the only factor, but look at the handspeed of Berto and Calzaghe, very fast for their weight classes.

Even if "science" finalizes that training in heavier gloves, then fighting in gloves half of the size does not improve handspeed, and if it's just a "placebo" effect, maybe that mentality (even if false) is a big plus in mental confidence anyways? Seems like a win situation to me.
      I ent calzaghe tho

Comment

Originally posted by JM1 View Post
        nice. i use the same
        Yeah i got the twins with the flames on...i only bought them cause one of my mates told me about them hes an mma fighter and swears by them ..they feel great on and seem so well made

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
          I make my guys train with 16oz gloves and spar with the same size. There are 2 guys that spar with 20oz gloves but I don't see any reason to use 10-12oz gloves in training or sparring.

The point is you want to train, make your conditioning better. Also sparring with small gloves is ******ed, why would you want to risk a cut before a fight.
          I also use 16 oz gloves, you made a good point about risking a cut from sparring using smaller gloves just before a fight. Good thing to keep in mind, nice post.

Comment

I usually train with 16s and spar with 16s or 18s

Comment

i use 14 oz gloves and so does my friend. it makes you worry about getting hit more

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
                have you ever looked at the guy, hes in phenomenal shape and he looks like a tank. hes been boxing forever. why dont people understand that what pros do dont work for what joe shmoe does...
                why not? wtf?

Comment

trainining with 20 oz gloves

You should also take a look at the brand of glove because the Everlast gloves maybe 20 oz but they look more like 16 oz compare to other brands.

Comment

Working...
                  X