No announcement yet.

VADA getting exposed - needs more money from WBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VADA getting exposed - needs more money from WBC

"There are seventeen weight divisions in professional boxing. Multiply that by fifteen fighters and one champion in each weight division, and there are 272 fighters who are subject to mandatory PED testing at any given time. There are also “interim” champions and fighters who aren’t ranked by the WBC but have voluntarily enrolled in the Clean Boxing Program. All told, almost 400 fighters are subject to testing. That averages out to twenty-five dollars per month per fighter.

Dr. Goodman receives no compensation for her work on behalf of VADA.

In recent months, the WBC has slowed its payments to VADA. And a reliable source says that, as of January 23, VADA had received none of the $25,000 fine paid by Ortiz.
    "

- Thomas Hauser
    https://www.******.com/527082-wilder-ortiz-ped-shadow/

Wait a minute.

25 × 12months = 300
    1 CIR test = 400

Thats not even enough to test everyone at the very least once a year.

365 days OST???

You mean a 456/24/7 testing program.

Lol.

VADA is a scam. Non for profit huh? Meanwhile Conte is getting rich selling VADA friendly supplements.

Lol.

Clowns.

Now Hauser wants the WBC to give VADA a kick back from the fines collected from failed test.

Great idea. But can we trust VADA and Victor Conte?

Lol

What a scam

Still no Athlete Biological Passport monitoring.

Needs more money doe
    Last edited by Dosumpthin; 03-17-2018, 05:32 PM.

Nothing VADA does is a scam. The CBP is supposed to be funded by the WBC. WBC issues fines and pockets the money instead of putting it back into the program. Theres the scam.

Comment

Are VADA suppose to be funded by the WBC? Aren’t they meant to be charging the event in general?

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
        Nothing VADA does is a scam. The CBP is supposed to be funded by the WBC. WBC issues fines and pockets the money instead of putting it back into the program. Theres the scam.

That's not the scam. If you want to figure out the scam follow the money. I hear Conte SNAC supplements are doing well.

The WBC knew, or at least knows now, VADA is nothing but a GLORIFIED URINE COURRIER. However they seem content with the way things are. The CBP looks good on paper to the public and the curtain never closes.

Fighters test dirty yet the show must go on.

The scam is VADA pretending to be running a COMPETENT drug tesing program year round on 300 a year.

Smh.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Are VADA suppose to be funded by the WBC? Aren’t they meant to be charging the event in general?
          Theres 2 different testing they do. The CBP 24/7 365 thing thats supposed to be funded by the WBC. Then they do extra testing for certain fights thats funded by the fighters.

Comment

The point is simple.

VADA claims to CIR test every sample - which cost 400.00

Yet Hauser claims VADA receives 300.00 per year for each fighter.

I can math.

I don't even need to go any further.

I know a bogus Craigslist list ad when I see one.

Comment

I was looking over this last week trying to work out how the CPB ties in with pre-fight testing. Best I can tell the WBC says that any top 15 fighter in the WBC rankings for each division is part of the CPB and theoretically subject to year round testing, but in practice almost none get tested except those who are actually paying for the (typically) 8 weeks pre-fight schedule as part of their fight contract.

The WBC is supposed to be paying VADA to carry out the testing required to legitimise the CPB, although VADA themselves do have other revenue sources (MMA and non-WBC contracted boxer testing), problem is WBC ain't paying and VADA ain't really doing much testing except what the fighters themselves are paying them to do.

Seems like right now the CPB is a lot more about PR than actually cleaning up the sport.
              Last edited by Citizen Koba; 03-18-2018, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dosumpthin View Post
                The point is simple.

VADA claims to CIR test every sample - which cost 400.00

Yet Hauser claims VADA receives 300.00 per year for each fighter.

I can math.

I don't even need to go any further.

I know a bogus Craigslist list ad when I see one.
                So they are underfunded. If they only receive enough money to test every fighter once a year, when the fighters are supposed to be tested 365 there isnt enough money being made available.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                  Theres 2 different testing they do. The CBP 24/7 365 thing thats supposed to be funded by the WBC. Then they do extra testing for certain fights thats funded by the fighters.

That's why I question even the separate fights they are contracted for.

As it stands - really think about this -

In order for VADA to financially sustain a functional 365 program - they need fighters to test dirty.

Do you not see the conflict of interest?

Why would an ADO who is committed to a clean sport be financially dependent on dirty fighters?

Scam. Smh.

Comment

So VADA wants more money to be able to catch more cheaters.

While USADA makes 10x as much to protect cheaters.

I don't get the point.

Comment

Working...
                    X