Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2016, 09:40 PM #11
Phenom Phenom is offline
Phenomdeaux
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,506
Quoted: 2953 Post(s)
Rep Power: 32
Phenom has disabled reputation
Points: 200,202,000,013,957,627,904.00
Bank: 1,315,165,175,455,465,340,928.00
Total Points: 1,515,367,175,469,422,870,528.00
you are a sh1t poster - Freedom. Have a slice.....itís not Chicago style but hey.......Who needs all thatís doe anyway ???  All that just to say Iím out of green lol  ! - BERNIE'S CORNER I ain't mad, you just come across as a tool - Sn1 No Message - afgbjfgmih 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - bearman3000 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muslimer12 View Post
How did the Foreman fight take anything away from Ali? Ali got hit in the stomach but nothing that bad. And he went to war with Frazier after that. foreman took a year long lay off after the Ali fight, then he fights Lyle,who Ali already TKOd, and didnt look that impressive, even though being an action packed fight, then he fights Frazier again after Ali just TKOd Frazier, then retires like a year later after losing to Young.

Foreman literally fought for one year after the Ali fight, then retired. Mentally Foreman was just not there anymore.
Yeah I read Foreman went through serious depression after the loss , the whole world were against him and for Ali specially the people in Zaire
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-04-2016, 09:47 PM #12
lopetego lopetego is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,986
Quoted: 1072 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10
lopetego has a reputation beyond reputelopetego has a reputation beyond reputelopetego has a reputation beyond reputelopetego has a reputation beyond reputelopetego has a reputation beyond reputelopetego has a reputation beyond reputelopetego has a reputation beyond reputelopetego has a reputation beyond reputelopetego has a reputation beyond reputelopetego has a reputation beyond reputelopetego has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 199,334.57
Bank: 68,870,414.59
Total Points: 69,069,749.16
Default

Same reason JMM-Pacquiao 5 didn't happen

Because Ali didn't think he could win a rematch

or because even if he did, it would be very hard to top his original W, one of the most iconic of all time
lopetego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 09:58 PM #13
Damn Wicked Damn Wicked is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,217
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8
Damn Wicked has a reputation beyond reputeDamn Wicked has a reputation beyond reputeDamn Wicked has a reputation beyond reputeDamn Wicked has a reputation beyond reputeDamn Wicked has a reputation beyond reputeDamn Wicked has a reputation beyond reputeDamn Wicked has a reputation beyond reputeDamn Wicked has a reputation beyond reputeDamn Wicked has a reputation beyond reputeDamn Wicked has a reputation beyond reputeDamn Wicked has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,000,000,105,744.38
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,000,105,744.38
Cheers man, you're a good poster - Mike D Cheers, bruh!! - Tony Trick-Pony 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatoMulatto View Post
I don't think the fight was pointless. The fight against Foreman took a lot out of Ali too and he had also started to slip. Regarding Foreman It was a slugfest against Lyle, they went toe to toe and Foreman knocked him out. He also knocked out Joe Frazier for the second time. I think a rematch should've happened.
I agree. Foreman fought really stupid in that fight and he admitted that his strategy was really foolish. There should have been a rematch. Both Frazier and Norton had 3 fights each with Ali. Foreman was a younger, bigger and more dangerous champion than both those guys. Big George actually became a much smarter fighter when he revived his career in the late 80's.
Damn Wicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 10:00 PM #14
Damn Wicked Damn Wicked is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,217
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8
Damn Wicked has a reputation beyond reputeDamn Wicked has a reputation beyond reputeDamn Wicked has a reputation beyond reputeDamn Wicked has a reputation beyond reputeDamn Wicked has a reputation beyond reputeDamn Wicked has a reputation beyond reputeDamn Wicked has a reputation beyond reputeDamn Wicked has a reputation beyond reputeDamn Wicked has a reputation beyond reputeDamn Wicked has a reputation beyond reputeDamn Wicked has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,000,000,105,744.38
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,000,105,744.38
Cheers man, you're a good poster - Mike D Cheers, bruh!! - Tony Trick-Pony 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopetego View Post
Same reason JMM-Pacquiao 5 didn't happen

Because Ali didn't think he could win a rematch

or because even if he did, it would be very hard to top his original W, one of the most iconic of all time
Yeah, and the same reason Lennox didn't rematch Vitali.
Damn Wicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 10:18 PM #15
muslimer12 muslimer12 is online now
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 848
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
muslimer12 is infamous around these partsmuslimer12 is infamous around these partsmuslimer12 is infamous around these partsmuslimer12 is infamous around these partsmuslimer12 is infamous around these partsmuslimer12 is infamous around these partsmuslimer12 is infamous around these partsmuslimer12 is infamous around these partsmuslimer12 is infamous around these partsmuslimer12 is infamous around these partsmuslimer12 is infamous around these parts
Points: 100,001,000,089,983.38
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,001,000,089,983.38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Wicked View Post
I agree. Foreman fought really stupid in that fight and he admitted that his strategy was really foolish. There should have been a rematch. Both Frazier and Norton had 3 fights each with Ali. Foreman was a younger, bigger and more dangerous champion than both those guys. Big George actually became a much smarter fighter when he revived his career in the late 80's.
But Foreman retired so quick. He lost to Ali, then took a one year break, fought for one more year, then retired. He was mentally unstable at that time. When Ali lost to Frazier, they didnt rematch until 3 years later. It wasnt like Ali was not open to the idea to fight foreman again, he even said he wanted Foreman and Frazier again in one night. foreman lost in 1974 to Ali, didnt fight after that till 1976, then retired at the start of 1977 when he lost to Jimmy Young.
muslimer12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 10:21 PM #16
MrRolltide91 MrRolltide91 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 14,318
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Rep Power: 39
MrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 5,555,987,632,578.90
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,555,987,632,578.90
TMT baby #NoJoke - T.B.E. 48-0 The Million-Dollar Man sends his regards. - 1hourRun One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 
Default

I always wonder this too
MrRolltide91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:32 PM #17
VatoMulatto VatoMulatto is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 7,171
Quoted: 1077 Post(s)
Rep Power: 40
VatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 200,000,000,001,079,999,725,568.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 200,000,000,001,079,999,725,568.00
i like ur avatar - zab191 Thanks for the stream! - mathed No Message - mathed 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muslimer12 View Post
How did the Foreman fight take anything away from Ali? Ali got hit in the stomach but nothing that bad. And he went to war with Frazier after that. foreman took a year long lay off after the Ali fight, then he fights Lyle,who Ali already TKOd, and didnt look that impressive, even though being an action packed fight, then he fights Frazier again after Ali just TKOd Frazier, then retires like a year later after losing to Young.

Foreman literally fought for one year after the Ali fight, then retired. Mentally Foreman was just not there anymore.
Foreman didn't look impressive against Lyle didn't really mean anything. Just like Ali didn't look impressive against Wepner in his first fight after the Rumble in the jungle, Wepner even dropped him. Foreman was still a beast and knocked Lyle out in five rounds and then KO'd Frazier again and KO'd three more fighters inside five rounds. Unfortunately he lost to Young and retired but that was the fight that I'm sure the general public wanted to see again.

I wonder if Foreman was pushing for a rematch after his lay off and how Ali thought about fighting Foreman again. Too bad the fight never happened because It would've been very interesting to see how the rematch would've played out.
VatoMulatto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:45 PM #18
muslimer12 muslimer12 is online now
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 848
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
muslimer12 is infamous around these partsmuslimer12 is infamous around these partsmuslimer12 is infamous around these partsmuslimer12 is infamous around these partsmuslimer12 is infamous around these partsmuslimer12 is infamous around these partsmuslimer12 is infamous around these partsmuslimer12 is infamous around these partsmuslimer12 is infamous around these partsmuslimer12 is infamous around these partsmuslimer12 is infamous around these parts
Points: 100,001,000,089,983.38
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,001,000,089,983.38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatoMulatto View Post
Foreman didn't look impressive against Lyle didn't really mean anything. Just like Ali didn't look impressive against Wepner in his first fight after the Rumble in the jungle, Wepner even dropped him. Foreman was still a beast and knocked Lyle out in five rounds and then KO'd Frazier again and KO'd three more fighters inside five rounds. Unfortunately he lost to Young and retired but that was the fight that I'm sure the general public wanted to see again.

I wonder if Forejman was pushing for a rematch after his lay off and how Ali thought about fighting Foreman again. Too bad the fight never happened because It would've been very interesting to see how the rematch would've played out.
Lmao you saying Ali was knocked down by wepner means you havent seen the fight. Who said Ali didnt look impressive against Wepner? He beat him up, it just didnt mean much since it was Wepner. But it inspired Rocky so its cool. Foreman barely got passed Lyle, then KOs frazier someone he already KOd worse before, and Frazier after the thrilla in Manila was a shell of himself. Then KOs a bunch of bums, and loses to Jimmy Young. He had a bad career after the Ali fight cuz his confidence was completely gone. Just watch his biography. Rematch would of been worse for Foreman. And Foreman was only active for 1 year after! Ali actually fights all the top guys in the division, Foreman should of got it together and kept fighting. Ali waited 3 years to rematch Frazier, and fought all the top guys not named Frazier in the mean time. Ali had no problem fighting Foreman, but when foreman has a year lay off, the a year of unimpressive wins, loses to young, then retire after, its not easy lol Just read the history
muslimer12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:54 PM #19
firstborn firstborn is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,814
Quoted: 538 Post(s)
Rep Power: 17
firstborn has a reputation beyond reputefirstborn has a reputation beyond reputefirstborn has a reputation beyond reputefirstborn has a reputation beyond reputefirstborn has a reputation beyond reputefirstborn has a reputation beyond reputefirstborn has a reputation beyond reputefirstborn has a reputation beyond reputefirstborn has a reputation beyond reputefirstborn has a reputation beyond reputefirstborn has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,000,000,086,611.50
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,000,086,611.50
Default

Quote:
Lmao you saying Ali was knocked down by wepner means you havent seen the fight. Who said Ali didnt look impressive against Wepner? He beat him up, it just didnt mean much since it was Wepner. But it inspired Rocky so its cool. Foreman barely got passed Lyle, then KOs frazier someone he already KOd worse before, and Frazier after the thrilla in Manila was a shell of himself. Then KOs a bunch of bums, and loses to Jimmy Young. He had a bad career after the Ali fight cuz his confidence was completely gone. Just watch his biography. Rematch would of been worse for Foreman. And Foreman was only active for 1 year after! Ali actually fights all the top guys in the division, Foreman should of got it together and kept fighting. Ali waited 3 years to rematch Frazier, and fought all the top guys not named Frazier in the mean time. Ali had no problem fighting Foreman, but when foreman has a year lay off, the a year of unimpressive wins, loses to young, then retire after, its not easy lol Just read the history
I grew up watching those movies. Might sound silly but those movies were the gateway to my passion for boxing!
firstborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:01 AM #20
larryxxx.. larryxxx.. is offline
Monster
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: memphis
Posts: 73,288
Quoted: 21621 Post(s)
Rep Power: 329
larryxxx.. has a reputation beyond reputelarryxxx.. has a reputation beyond reputelarryxxx.. has a reputation beyond reputelarryxxx.. has a reputation beyond reputelarryxxx.. has a reputation beyond reputelarryxxx.. has a reputation beyond reputelarryxxx.. has a reputation beyond reputelarryxxx.. has a reputation beyond reputelarryxxx.. has a reputation beyond reputelarryxxx.. has a reputation beyond reputelarryxxx.. has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 11,717,462,966,992,230,400.00
Bank: 10,000,000,000,000,000,905,969,664.00
Total Points: 10,000,011,717,462,967,489,396,736.00
............... - BostonGuy ............... - BostonGuy ............... - BostonGuy .................... - BostonGuy ............... - BostonGuy 
.................... - BostonGuy ............... - BostonGuy ............... - BostonGuy ............... - BostonGuy ............... - BostonGuy 
............... - BostonGuy ............... - BostonGuy ............... - BostonGuy .................... - BostonGuy ............... - BostonGuy 
............... - BostonGuy ............... - BostonGuy Suck it - lfc19titles A truce - lfc19titles A truce - lfc19titles 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - sugarsmosley Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - TBear 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - TBear Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Scott-Weiland 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Gay and Lesbian Pride - jas Gay and Lesbian Pride - jas Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - MELLY-MEL... 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - lfc19titles AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - lfc19titles Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - lfc19titles Gay and Lesbian Pride - lfc19titles Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - lfc19titles 
Default

He knocked Foreman out and the fight wasnt even close...why rematch?
larryxxx.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
didn't, foreman, george, give, rematch?

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.