Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy jones reacts to espn rating golovkin above him as greatest middleweights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy jones reacts to espn rating golovkin above him as greatest middleweights

Can't see the video but having GGG ahead of Jones in middleweight history is fair. I'd pick Jones head to head over any middleweight post Hagler/Hearns but he won a vacant title and defended it once and moved up. I'd also pick Jones over anybody at 168 but his body of work is behind Calzaghe there too.

GGG I'd have probably towards the lower end of the top 20 middleweights. Hopkins perhaps just outside the top 10.

Comment

Big fan of Roy and i think he's levels above Triple G when he was in his prime but looking at his resume he hasnt really fought anyone. Trip G hasnt really fought anyone either but Canelo is better than James Toney imo.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NarcosMaidana View Post
          Big fan of Roy and i think he's levels above Triple G when he was in his prime but looking at his resume he hasnt really fought anyone. Trip G hasnt really fought anyone either but Canelo is better than James Toney imo.
          Canelo ironically resembles James Toney stylistically in many ways.

Obviously Canelo has more drive/dedication/discipline but yeah.

GGG over Roy any day in terms of MW ranking. Fair is fair and GGG has earned it over a long Mw career.

Comment

Roy fought Toney at 168. He actually didn't do much at 160 at all, though H2H of course I would have picked him to beat GGG. The highlight of Roy's MW career was probably beating a real green B'Hops for the vacant IBF crown.

Comment

Canelo better than James toney ? Lol wait till he loses then people will bring his rating right back down to reality
              I think people are a bit high from his victory

Comment

as much as I hate the GGG hype, I'd rate him higher than jones at 160 all time due to the simple fact that Jones never fought there as much. He beat Hopkins for the title, defended it and moved up. Roy just didn't do a lot at 160. His best years were at 175. At 168, he beat Toney then took a break fighting bum after bum until he moved up to 175. I really wanted to see him fight Liles. More than likely Jones would have won but there is no excuse for not cleaning out 168 at the time he was there

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
                  Canelo better than James toney ? Lol wait till he loses then people will bring his rating right back down to reality
                  I think people are a bit high from his victory
                  haha yeah Canelo aint better than Toney. As I said on another boxing site, Toney vs GGG would look like Toney vs Barkley. James standing in front of him countering his misses. I said this a while ago

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                    Canelo ironically resembles James Toney stylistically in many ways.

Obviously Canelo has more drive/dedication/discipline but yeah.

GGG over Roy any day in terms of MW ranking. Fair is fair and GGG has earned it over a long Mw career.
                    Exactly... Good post

Comment

Working...
                    X