No announcement yet.

What Network should Canelo sign with?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    He's going to ESPN if he leaves HBO. GBP already has a deal with them, they have ESPN deportes, they have Bernardo Osuna who will slurp Canelo and 8ball dela Lingerie's nutsack at the same time.

Plus ESPN allows for the Murata and Saunder fights, which are more lucrative than potential fights with Haymon guys Charlo, Jrock and the lara rematch
    I feel like Murata is almost a lock for GGG's next fight unless Canelo vs GGG III happens in May.

Canelo is more likely to get Lemieux next, but I do suspect BJS is on the short list too. And yea I doubt Canelo wants to deal with Charlo or Jacobs (assuming he gets past Derevyanchenko) sooner than he must deal with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez isn't a fighter unto his self; he's the crown jewel of Golden Boy Promotions and the cornerstone of the whole operation.

Whatever network that gets Alvarez will also have to commit dates for the rest of Golden Boy.

HBO/Turner Sports, DAZN, and possibly NBC are the only viable options
      Why do you think Showtime & ESPN are out?

I think Espinoza would find some money if he could get Canelo. And ESPN already has a relationship with GBP.

Why do you think NBC is a player for Canelo's services?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        What makes you say he's definitely not going back with HBO? Or did HBO finally say they are out of boxing & I missed the news?

I think GGG is 99% for sure out at HBO cuz he's been pissed about 12 different things including HBO's Canelo lean so I think he's going to do some serious shopping & the ONLY thing that keeps him is if he's guaranteed a third fight vs Canelo or Canelo leaves & HBO cuddles GGG like they did Canelo.

I feel like if HBO is staying in the boxing business, and there is still nothing saying they are going away outside of the trajectory I've been saying has been in play for 20 years, they are nuts not to re-up Canelo or match whatever deal some other entity offers him (assuming they 100% got a matching deal with Canelo even if GGG 2 was the last fight of his deal). I do think Showtime & DAZN could make him some interesting offers & I suspect if HBO is out one of these ent^tties will retain his services. ESPN might be a dark horse in acquiring Canelo's services.

Edit: Motherf#ck BS I can't even say ent^tties cuz it gots t^tties in it. Y'all need to mfing stop with this censoring nonsense.
        Well, first of all, "entities" is spelled with two ts, not three. Second, if you italicize the first letter of a questionable part of a word, it won't be censored.

Comment

Those are comments from his show not a letter.

And I don't see that as some personally dogging of Canelo. Thats his take, wrong as I see it, of some global influence he believes GGG has acquired with these decisions against GGG. I don't see how that'd be a dealbreaker for Canelo.
          I disagree I think this is the final straw. Lampley is discrediting his win. And it's just just this one time either HBO has been openly rooting against him throwing shade at him tipping their fingers on the scale to shape narrative pro GGG as the hero and vilify Canelo. I see shades of what went down with Floyd until he said enough of this shyt and bounced. HBO stuck their nose in the middle of the negotiations between Floyd and Manny and took sides. Painted Manny the hero and dragged Floyd through the mud and then finally let it bleed into the fights. The way they would call Floyd's fight became unbearable. You got Canelo the biggest star waking up reading Lampley remarks after a long standing bias against him at that network. Just look at how the coverage of Floyd changed the moment he bolted HBO to Showtime and how happy and free he seemed. HBO built Manny as the white knight and wanted him to slay Floyd and years later the same happened with them building GGG up for years as a killer and everything right in boxing their hero and painted Canelo the villain. And when they didn't get their fairy tale ending of the white knight knocking out and destroying making Canelo the villain pay they did what they did to Floyd smear him. Couldn't beat him in the ring so try and beat him outside the ring with how you cover him.

Canelo is a free agent now and he holds grudges too just look at what went down with the WBC. He doesn't need HBO every network will throw whatever money he wants at him. I see him bolting just like floyd did and seeing how free and happier Floyd became after he left HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez isn't a fighter unto his self; he's the crown jewel of Golden Boy Promotions and the cornerstone of the whole operation.

Whatever network that gets Alvarez will also have to commit dates for the rest of Golden Boy.

HBO/Turner Sports, DAZN, and possibly NBC are the only viable options
            What is HBO even offering Golden Boy these days? They not even buying fights or giving dates anyway. Golden Boy just signed a deal with Facebook getting money from them because HBO's pocket is closed. Golden Boy does all the heavy lifting in promoting Canelo's PPV's anyway. What the phuk does HBO do for these events? I do agree that I could see Golden Boy leveraging where ever Canelo lands with a overall package of dates and budget for the rest of their fighters. But if that's the case then that's even less reason to stay with HBO they have nothing to offer Oscar that's why he signed the Facebook deal.

Comment

Just seen a tweet by Oscar clapping back at the Bobfather over the HBO comments.
              This leads me to belive that HBO & Golden Boy will prob strike a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                I disagree I think this is the final straw. Lampley is discrediting his win.
                I don't see Lampley as discrediting his win. He's giving his take on what he saw & his take overall of these fights. Lampley isn't actually saying anything himself or much of anything. He's actually kinda saying lotsa boxing fans are stupid & eye testing the winner of a fight vs scoring a fight in the ways fights are judged. Thats how I read it anyway.

"“A year ago it became clear the two fighters are colossally evenly matched in terms of the technical markers judges look at while scoring. The two judges who scored the first fight responsibly were a round apart, 114-114 and 115-113. Last Saturday night that point was reinforced."

He's saying right there these cats are evenly matched. And they are. No robbery.

"the general public has made a different and far simpler decision. By an overwhelming majority, fans and general media have decided Gennady Golovkin won both fights. They don’t need to confuse themselves with Compubox numbers and round by round scoring and technical analysis. Via the metric of social media, and among themselves on the street, they have spoken loudly again. They like the way Triple G competes. They love the passion his face projects. They are enthralled with his heart."

He is big upping GGG doe.

“Now Triple G is something of a latter day Ali, a global superstar seen as having been twice martyred by the hidebound and impenetrable processes of a sport that can’t get out of its own way. Canelo’s victory, however satisfying at first, will ultimately do little to increase the size or passion of his audience, built in from the start as the result of his favorable cultural perch, as the face of Mexican boxing. But the two decisions which have frustrated Gennady Golovkin have dramatically multiplied the size of Triple G nation, which is now a global cult. You don’t have to win to be the winner. That’s boxing. That’s life.."

And he's saying these fights have helped make GGG a bigger name cuz of fans who don't give a sh^t about how a fight is scored.

I don't really see a Canelo diss here.

Canelo is a free agent now and he holds grudges too just look at what went down with the WBC. He doesn't need HBO every network will throw whatever money he wants at him. I see him bolting just like floyd did and seeing how free and happier Floyd became after he left HBO.
                He's the WBC champion & he had that special belt held over his shoulder after the fight so he's not holding grudges THAT much.

He likely CAN'T bolt. HBO is surely holding matching rights so if Canelo shops around for a new deal HBO will have the ability to match that number to retain Canelo's services. And unless they are out of the business I don't see why they wouldn't re-sign Canelo. Cuz I mean even if GGG has grown off of these fights he's still not bigger then Canelo. I'm in Vegas & Canelo gear was out in crowds at least 2-1 if not 3-1 or 4-1 to GGG gear. And cats were burning GGG gear after the fight not Canelo gear.

Comment

I don't see Lampley as discrediting his win. He's giving his take on what he saw & his take overall of these fights. Lampley isn't actually saying anything himself or much of anything. He's actually kinda saying lotsa boxing fans are stupid & eye testing the winner of a fight vs scoring a fight in the ways fights are judged. Thats how I read it anyway.

"“A year ago it became clear the two fighters are colossally evenly matched in terms of the technical markers judges look at while scoring. The two judges who scored the first fight responsibly were a round apart, 114-114 and 115-113. Last Saturday night that point was reinforced."

He's saying right there these cats are evenly matched. And they are. No robbery.

"the general public has made a different and far simpler decision. By an overwhelming majority, fans and general media have decided Gennady Golovkin won both fights. They don’t need to confuse themselves with Compubox numbers and round by round scoring and technical analysis. Via the metric of social media, and among themselves on the street, they have spoken loudly again. They like the way Triple G competes. They love the passion his face projects. They are enthralled with his heart."

He is big upping GGG doe.

“Now Triple G is something of a latter day Ali, a global superstar seen as having been twice martyred by the hidebound and impenetrable processes of a sport that can’t get out of its own way. Canelo’s victory, however satisfying at first, will ultimately do little to increase the size or passion of his audience, built in from the start as the result of his favorable cultural perch, as the face of Mexican boxing. But the two decisions which have frustrated Gennady Golovkin have dramatically multiplied the size of Triple G nation, which is now a global cult. You don’t have to win to be the winner. That’s boxing. That’s life.."

And he's saying these fights have helped make GGG a bigger name cuz of fans who don't give a sh^t about how a fight is scored.

I don't really see a Canelo diss here.

He's the WBC champion & he had that special belt held over his shoulder after the fight so he's not holding grudges THAT much.

He likely CAN'T bolt. HBO is surely holding matching rights so if Canelo shops around for a new deal HBO will have the ability to match that number to retain Canelo's services. And unless they are out of the business I don't see why they wouldn't re-sign Canelo. Cuz I mean even if GGG has grown off of these fights he's still not bigger then Canelo. I'm in Vegas & Canelo gear was out in crowds at least 2-1 if not 3-1 or 4-1 to GGG gear. And cats were burning GGG gear after the fight not Canelo gear.
                  If you can't see how those comments are huge slights at Canelo I can't help you.

Canelo is cool with the WBC now but was beefing with them and held a grudge for 2years to the point he had them booted out one of his press conferences last year when he refused to fight for any WBC belts in CaneloGGG 1. He just patched these up recently and that's the only reason he fought for a WBC belt this weekend.

According to ESPN reporting yesterday Oscar is saying his contract is up I guess there could be a fight since HBO is saying he's not up or they may have options.

What might make planning Alvarez's next fight even more intriguing than usual is who will serve as the broadcaster. Alvarez (50-1-2, 34 KOs), 28, of Mexico, has been under exclusive contract with HBO since 2015 and has had his past seven fights with the network, six on HBO PPV and one on the network.

De La Hoya said he and his team believe Alvarez's contract expired with the conclusion of the Golovkin rematch, though HBO officials disagree.

"We strongly feel this was Canelo's last fight with HBO because his contract is up and my lawyers strongly feel the contract is up," De La Hoya said. "But the great partners that we are, we will always give HBO the first [right of negotiation] and the last [look]."

And these comments were before Lampley's comments. Canelo takes slights and holds grudges and if he is a free agent I can see him telling Oscar get me another deal else where.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
                    Just seen a tweet by Oscar clapping back at the Bobfather over the HBO comments.
                    This leads me to belive that HBO & Golden Boy will prob strike a deal.
                    Yeah foolish comment by Oscar and bad timing probably doesn't know or hasn't read Lampley piece yet. That comment is a shot at Arum who have been sniping back and forth a lot lately. But Oscar already put out a letter taking shots at the media and folks trying to discredit Canelo's win or fuel some robbery talk. Now Lampley is doing just that. And honestly Canelo has more say in this matter then Oscar does. I think Oscar would like HBO to pony up some money for a exclusive Golden Boy deal and would of loved to leverage HBO for that money. But he also says I don't even know what is going on with HBO and if they want to give out money. And he can't make Canelo do anything he doesn't want to do. Canelo is more of partner with Golden Boy then actually signed. Canelo has more control of his career then probably any other active fighter today. If he takes these as slights and HBO doesn't have some language stopping him from leaving I can see him going whether Oscar likes it or not.

Comment

Free agent unless ESPN throws massive money at him

Comment

Working...
                      X