Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have a Job or a Career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm feel like both sort of. The work I do is stuff that can go on a resume and help me get other jobs, and I use and develop skills that will be with me my whole working life.

But I still feel like I wake up and go whore out my time for 7-9 hours/day.

Comment

It's a job at the end of the day. A job in retrospect is a career.

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
        I get an allowance.
        I hope u at least take out the trash and wash dishes young man... lol

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
          I have a job. I’m an engineer in huge vessels that travel around the world. I’m always far from home and family. One contract is 9 months long. Sometimes longer than that.

Everytime I sign a contract I wish it’ll be the last one.
          Compensation is very high though, you get to buy a house and car easier than most pinoys. But I really hate this job. Long distance relationship sucks. Working at sea sucks. Not to mention you miss all the important events and holidays as well.

I know I’m very blessed still doe
          You have a career man. You earned it too. You made me realize i should stop b1tching and earn it. I guess Ive gotten to complacent in my life. I think thats what government jobs do, they make u feel secure and apprciate a lil when theres a lot more out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
            I hope u at least take out the trash and wash dishes young man... lol
            Lol nah. No chores, i straight up just get paid. My mama got too jobs ya herd

Comment

Originally posted by JasonBoxing View Post
              Lol. No lawyer is living there bro. Why you gotta go over board with that shyt. EVEN average lawyers from average law schools today can still make at least 60k. No lawyer is broke these days.
              lol believe or not man it happens. World famous skidrow los Angeles

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                Is "seasickness" a prevalent thing on ships like that? Not like throwing up and feeling sick, but a psychological thing like getting a claustrophobic type of feeling after being on a ship so long?
                Yeah first few months it’s suffocating. You’ll get acclimated around the second month, and after seeing your bank account.
                Everything’s moving and you’re quite busy so a lot to distract yourself with.
                Not to mention the wimmin you get to meet up around the globe

Comment

Working...
                X