Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luis Ortiz Demands Apology From WBC As He Is "Legally Taking" Blood Pressure Meds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't like Joshua at all, but if his opponent tested positive for PED's, I woulnd't be ****ting on Joshua for not fighting the PED user. Some of you guys hate is so fake that it comes across as how a degenerate thinks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      It's not a crime. But he must report it to the WBC/VADA. There is a list of banned substances. This is on the list. His team was supposed to report it. He knows that.
      It's as simple as this. There really doesn't need to be any debate on this topic - you nailed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
        It's as simple as this. There really doesn't need to be any debate on this topic - you nailed it.
        It's like Wilder said, his team literally filled out a form that specifically asked whether or not he was talking the drug Ortiz's doctor supposedly prescribed. Regardless of whether or not he's taking PEDs, he lied to VADA and the WBC, and that's why the fight won't be happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
          why cant he just get an expection? floyd did it. you telling me ortiz aint on floyds level?
          because floyd didnt hide anything. the IV was declared, a sample was given beforehand, usada witnessed it being administered, etc. usada conducted an investigation and concluded everything was done legitimately.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
            because floyd didnt hide anything. the IV was declared, a sample was given beforehand, usada witnessed it being administered, etc. usada conducted an investigation and concluded everything was done legitimately.
            Floyd got a retroactive TUE AFTER the fight...I don't think USADA witnessed anything...they were made to wait in another room in his house as I recall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
              Whgat do you mean that "there isn't scientific proof" that PED's help you win a fight? What, PED's help in track and other sports, but not boxing? Lmao.
              while youre lyao, im STILL waiting on SCIENTIFIC PROOF that roids/p'e'd's WINS a guy a fight.

ive been waiting since i got here.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaded View Post
                Floyd got a retroactive TUE AFTER the fight...I don't think USADA witnessed anything...they were made to wait in another room in his house as I recall.
                https://www.usada.org/wp-content/upl...Tom-Hauser.pdf

This claim is also inaccurate. The IV was administered after the athlete had already been notified by the USADA DCO and in the presence of the USADA DCO. In addition, Mr. Mayweather declared the infusion in advance to the USADA DCO, who was made aware of the need for the IV due to Mr. Mayweather’s physical condition and who continued to monitor Mr. Mayweather throughout the administration of the IV by the paramedic and thereafter until a full sample was collected from Mr. Mayweather. Mr. Mayweather was never outside the physical presence of the USADA DCO from long before the IV was administered until well after administration when the urine sample collection process was complete.

Comment

• Bull****. You had plenty of time to disclose, you didn't. The medication is not "cleared". It's on the banned list.

**** off Ortiz. Sick of this cheat. GTFO.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                    https://www.usada.org/wp-content/upl...Tom-Hauser.pdf

This claim is also inaccurate. The IV was administered after the athlete had already been notified by the USADA DCO and in the presence of the USADA DCO. In addition, Mr. Mayweather declared the infusion in advance to the USADA DCO, who was made aware of the need for the IV due to Mr. Mayweather’s physical condition and who continued to monitor Mr. Mayweather throughout the administration of the IV by the paramedic and thereafter until a full sample was collected from Mr. Mayweather. Mr. Mayweather was never outside the physical presence of the USADA DCO from long before the IV was administered until well after administration when the urine sample collection process was complete.
                    It all comes down to who you want to believe...

However, Hauser responded to the denials with his own rebuttal, defending his story, via BoxingScene.com:

No amount of self-serving rhetoric from USADA can change the following unrebutted facts:

(1) The IV was administered at Floyd Mayweather’s home after the weigh-in on May 1. USADA learned about the IV on that date.

(2) The 2015 WADA “Prohibited Substances and Methods List” states, “Intravenous infusions and/or injections of more than 50 ml per 6 hour period are prohibited except for those legitimately received in the course of hospital admissions, surgical procedures, or clinical investigations.”

(3) The above-referenced prohibition is in effect at all times that the athlete is subject to testing. It exists because, in addition to being administered for the purpose of adding specific substances to a person’s body, an IV infusion can dilute or mask the presence of another substance that is already in the recipient’s system or might be added to it in the near future.

(4) Mayweather-Pacquiao was contested on May 2.

(5) Mayweather applied for a therapeutic use exemption on May 19 (seventeen days after the fight).

(6) USADA granted the therapeutic use exemption on May 20 (eighteen days after the fight).

(7) USADA did not notify the Nevada State Athletic Commission about the IV until May 21 (nineteen days after the fight).

the bolded can't be argued...it's on the records.

But honestly...this has nothing to do with Luis Ortiz and I don't really want to make a debate out of it...so let's not get too far off here from the subject which as far as I'm concerned is...yes Ortiz should have made the declaration but no PED's have been found and this fight would be Wilder's 1st real fight with a live body so let's see it please. He wants it and so do I.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaded View Post
                      It all comes down to who you want to believe...
                      Nothing in Hauser's "rebuttal" actually rebuts anything USADA said. He's just grasping at straws to cover his behind.

Of course USADA learned about the IV on the day it occurred. How could they have learned about it before the day it occurred when it was unplanned and used to treat unexpected illness?

USADA was with Floyd all day. With Floyd when the paramedics were called. With Floyd when the IV was administered. Sample given immediately before IV and immediately after.

Mayweather filed the official paperwork two weeks after the fight because medical and legal professionals have to be consulted, everything has to be done according to protocol, etc and that takes time.

The IV was 100% legal under the rules of Nevada, so why would USADA contact Nevada before deciding if USADA rules had been followed? Hauser's position doesn't make any sense.

Floyd did something allowed under Nevada rules at the time. However, Floyd & Manny voluntarily agreed to additional regulations which required that USADA determine that an IV was used for legitimate purposes.

Comment

Working...
                      X