Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

George Groves will be WBA 'Super' champion in two fights...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO crazy, I was just about to post about how Groves is making s low key comeback. Going unnoticed

He lost a close split decisions to Jack and has won 4-5 straight, I would favor him over a lot of the "top" guys at 168 right now too. Groves can bang and box when he puts his mind iin it

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
      SO crazy, I was just about to post about how Groves is making s low key comeback. Going unnoticed

He lost a close split decisions to Jack and has won 4-5 straight, I would favor him over a lot of the "top" guys at 168 right now too. Groves can bang and box when he puts his mind iin it
      Dunno about that, he looks a shadow of his former pre froch self.

I think he gets stopped by Degale/Smith/Zurdo. and i wouldnt be surprised if chudinov beat him too.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        who is regular champ of this dumb arse organisation?
        Tyron Zeuge... Haha!

And to the fellow who said Fedor Chudinov is a good opponent. He went tooth and nail with Frank Buglioni ffs!

Comment

Incase anyone wasn't aware and wanted to catch it, the Groves fight is on Channel 5 if you're in the UK :ANYWORD:

Comment

Chudinov is Groves easiest option to a world belt, he's nothing special. Doesn't have the power to stop Groves too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              Beats getting knocked out at Wembley in front of 80,000
              Yeah, with your own foot up your arse!

Comment

I think he should not become a world champion as easy as that... I mean he is one of this boxers which is good but not good enough... he failed every time he had a chance ( a bit like Kevin mitchells career). It is crazy how boxrec rank him number 3 in the divisional and Badou Jack number 12... I would rank Groves about number 8 or 7 ... and that is in a weak division(in my opinion)which Ward and Froch left, Abraham is probably near retirement and the only top guys are Badou Jack Degale and Ramirez. To me Groves seems like a small supermiddle, may be he could go down to middle weight looking for big fights but I see him getting KOd by guys like Canelo and GGG...

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                  Incase anyone wasn't aware and wanted to catch it, the Groves fight is on Channel 5 if you're in the UK :ANYWORD:
                  Thanks Bruv.

Program starts at 10pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
                    Tyron Zeuge... Haha!

And to the fellow who said Fedor Chudinov is a good opponent. He went tooth and nail with Frank Buglioni ffs!
                    what a joke

Comment

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
                      George Groves' next two fights:

• Eduard Gutknecht, 30-4-1 (13 KO) ~ WBA International title defence ~
                      • Fedor Chudinov, 14-1 (10 KO) ~ vacant WBA Super title ~

That's a pretty underwhelming way to become a paper champion.
                      That'd be beyond a joke even by the WBA standards. Chudinov has had a **** deal over the Sturm thing, but there's no way on earth he should be considered the 'Super champion' - a title introduced solely for Unified champions and expanded to include Champions with 5 or more defences in 2010 (apparently for the sole purpose of elevating Sturm so he didn't have to fight GGG). Chudinov is neither of these things, though the WBA have got themselves tied in knots cos they obviously already have a 'Regular' Champ in Zeuge

In fact Sturms elevation to 'Super' Champ at 168 is as inexplicable as it it was at 160 - he'd not even had the requisite 5 defenses that was the fig leaf for his elevation at MW... corruption at it's finest is my guess.

Ah... anyway. Rant over. Bunch of BS if you ask me. Either way they shouldn't have Fedor as 'super' best bet would probably be to mandate some form of title play-off between Zeuge, Chudinov, Groves and Kashtanov to get the mess cleared up, but then this is the WBA we're talking about so your guess is as good as mine.

EDIT. My bad, it seems that it was Fedor that was elevated to Super Champ, sometime between 26/9/15 and 9/1/16 which is equally absurd.
                      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 11-16-2016, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X