Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now ladies and gentlemen, is Mauricio Shogun Rua finished??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now ladies and gentlemen, is Mauricio Shogun Rua finished??

I predicted he was, people sed wait til after UFC 93 and he still looks shot to me. A great Pride career but he looks done, o and that terrible fight got Fight Of the Night honors. What do you guys think?

Guy has no cardio!

Comment

I have to agree

I thought he was the future of the Lightheavyweight division until last night.

After watching the Griffin fight i thought it was just a fitness problem due to the recovery of a bad injury, but after last night im convinced for sure that hes finished.

Coleman gassed after 2 mins as most thought he would, but yet Shogun couldnt do anything with him. He looked like he had nothing left himself after the half way through the second round. Coleman had his chances to win the fight at the end.

Shoguns cardio levels are nowhere near good enough at this sort of level, alot of the UFC lightheavyweights would have took him out last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice View Post
        I predicted he was, people sed wait til after UFC 93 and he still looks shot to me. A great Pride career but he looks done, o and that terrible fight got Fight Of the Night honors. What do you guys think?
        giving them a fight of the night bonus was undeserving.

Comment

Originally posted by vinnie7731 View Post
          giving them a fight of the night bonus was undeserving.
          I seriously think Dana just did it as a favor to Coleman and to say, heres some money for the work you did for the sport NOW GET OUT

Comment

I seriously think Dana just did it as a favor to Coleman and to say, heres some money for the work you did for the sport NOW GET OUT
            Hopefully he does the same with Randy, Chuck and Wanderlei.

Comment

Originally posted by jakkups View Post
              Hopefully he does the same with Randy, Chuck and Wanderlei.
              Those guys actually win though, and if not that they draw big crowds, im seriously thinking of making the trip to Canada for UFC 97 since its Rua vs Liddell and the p4p best in MMA Thales Leites vs a kinda decent brazilian named Anderson Silva who has the tools but may b too green to beat a monster like Thales

Comment

Those guys actually win though, and if not that they draw big crowds, im seriously thinking of making the trip to Canada for UFC 97 since its Rua vs Liddell and the p4p best in MMA Thales Leites vs a kinda decent brazilian named Anderson Silva who has the tools but may b too green to beat a monster like Thales
                Draw big crowds yes but quite frankly if they perform like this for much longer then stock will drop.

Comment

I think that if they can perform, they should still be able to fight. Please believe me when I say that Chuck and Wanderlei still have a few knockouts left in them. And with Chuck, if the Rua fight goes through that might just prove my point. As for Couture? Maybe help him retire on a win against a decent Heavyweight prospect. When you get knocked down by a glancing blow like he did, it's time to start preserving your health.

Comment

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post
                    I think that if they can perform, they should still be able to fight. Please believe me when I say that Chuck and Wanderlei still have a few knockouts left in them. And with Chuck, if the Rua fight goes through that might just prove my point. As for Couture? Maybe help him retire on a win against a decent Heavyweight prospect. When you get knocked down by a glancing blow like he did, it's time to start preserving your health.
                    In all honesty I felt Couture should've retired after the fight with Gonzaga. I mean him along with Wanderlei and Chuck have already established a legacy, have been long standing elite fighters and have plenty of memorable moments in their careers. Whether they can't still fight is not what they should be lookng at. It's whether they can fight to the level that is needed to compete with the top guys in the division. I mean Ken Shamrock can still fight, but he shouldn't because he's no threat whatsoever to anyone at HW or LHW and due to his bullheaded attitude he won't retire. I'd like to think that Wanderlei, Chuck and Randy have more sense and choose to retire with dignity rather than fighting on like Shamrock or Coleman.

Comment

Working...
                    X