No announcement yet.

chin ups - any advice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chin ups - any advice

i have been researching and i think lifting your own natural body weight is the key to getting stronger

what my question is how do you get better at chins up

of course keep at it and improve each target etc etc

but to be able to do sets i cant just do it from my own weight because i cant do ten or so

should i put weight on the seat thing and work at it that way?????

Yeh that's how I built mine up at the start

Comment

Originally posted by mrbigshot View Post
      i have been researching and i think lifting your own natural body weight is the key to getting stronger

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlei_Silva View Post
        squattings the way forward

Comment

Just do sets of as many as you can right now and slowly build up the number of reps in each set every 2 or 3 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by IcedBlood View Post
            squattings the way forward
            The way you get stronger is by simply lifting more weight. It's not rocket science. Are any of the worlds strongest men of Pro Powerlifters doing solely bodyweight exercises? NO!

Go HEAVY ON Deadlifts, Squats and Bench!!!!

Comment

The way you get stronger is by simply lifting more weight. It's not rocket science. Are any of the worlds strongest men of Pro Powerlifters doing solely bodyweight exercises? NO!

You still haven't told me who that is in your avatar. I asked you once before and you thought I meant the guy in your sig but I was actualy just too tired to explain what I meant at the time.

Comment

boxing isnt just about strenght, speed is more important which u lose by lifting weights. i know some of yall keep saying u dont, but i did so i dont d weights no more. ****ed up my training.

Comment

I think this is just a ploy to make up and coming boxers ****ty.

then they have no choice but to turn to mma.

cause you know when i want to improve my pull ups i go out and squat till my legs burn
                  Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 09-28-2009, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IcedBlood View Post
                    You still haven't told me who that is in your avatar. I asked you once before and you thought I meant the guy in your sig but I was actualy just too tired to explain what I meant at the time.
                    I already told you it was Till Lindemann, the lead Vocalist for Rammstein.

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                    boxing isnt just about strenght, speed is more important which u lose by lifting weights. i know some of yall keep saying u dont, but i did so i dont d weights no more. ****ed up my training.
                    You don't lose speed by doing core lifts like Squats and Deadlifts. So I don't know what you are talking about. Have you looked at NFL players? Since they started using weights the players have been becoming bigger, stronger and faster at dramatic rates. Get with the times people.

You can implement weight training without losing speed. You have to do it the right way, and you are likely doing it the wrong way.

Originally posted by Ylem View Post
                    I think this is just a ploy to make up and coming boxers ****ty.

then they have no choice but to turn to mma.

cause you know when i want to improve my pull ups i go out and squat till my legs burn
                    You're a ******. This has nothing to do with MMA and this is not restricted to a specific sport. And you're basically saying all MMA fighters are slow which is even more ******ed.

Plenty of Boxers do core lifts like squats.

Squats won't improve pull-ups. But the original post I quoted (which you didn't seem to read) was that getting stronger is NOT achieved by doing BW exercises.

Comment

Working...
                    X