No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Wants Best Possible Name For December Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
    I see you still haven't come to your senses.
    Like your list

Comment

As much as id like it to be Brook i dont think he would be a big enough name in MSG for cottos farewell fight. Khan would happily get ko'd for the payday... He doesnt deserve it and would be easy fight for Cotto. DSG??? Good fight but would he take the risk? Cant see the winner or loser of canelo ggg wanting to come down to box cotto.

Comment

Ill say Floyd fir a true farewell vs two FHOF and right now Cotto takes him! . Thurman, Garia or Khan at 150.

Comment

Golovkin will definltey not be fighting in December Cotto knows that so nice try, also with all the mandatories coming up he won't be able to make an optional defense against Cotto. I think Cotto vs Khan or Lara at 154 is a safe fight.

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
            Well Golovkin or Canelo are out of the question. After the grueling fight Canelo and Golovkin are going to have September 16th the turn around time till December 2nd is too short.

Cotto would weight drain Lemieux for a catch weight fight like 156,157.
            Lemieux probably won't do a catch weight.

Khan is a possibility at a catchweight.

He can also look at Matthysse at a catchweight.

Kell Brook at 154 and Margarito 3 possibly.

Trout is fighting Hurd October 14th, so he is out of the mix, otherwise I would say he was a candidate.

Marquez and Bradley retired.

So Cotto's options are limited.
            If you actually think Cotto would take on 90% of the options you listed, you're ******ed.

None of those are big money fights. Cotto doesn't have to fight first week of December - he can fight mid-December against the Canelo-GGG winner - although it's more likely if it's Canelo than GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
              Golovkin will definltey not be fighting in December Cotto knows that so nice try, also with all the mandatories coming up he won't be able to make an optional defense against Cotto. I think Cotto vs Khan or Lara at 154 is a safe fight.
              Lara is a nobody who brings no money to the table - only internet nerds think Lara is a cash cow because they are ******ed and obsessed with fighters of color who are "slick boxers" aka runners.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                If you actually think Cotto would take on 90% of the options you listed, you're ******ed.

None of those are big money fights. Cotto doesn't have to fight first week of December - he can fight mid-December against the Canelo-GGG winner - although it's more likely if it's Canelo than GGG.

**** you! Who the **** are you and where are you coming from. Come correct or don't come at all. If you're going to respond like a ******ed 13 year old little kid then don't waste your time.

Cotto's options are limited. And I highly doubt Canelo or GGG will fight Cotto on a short turn around in December after their grueling match.

That leaves little options. I'm sure Cotto can PPV with a name like Matthysse and pull in about 350,000 PPV buys and I'm sure he would be satisfied going out with something like that.

Or he's going to have to extend his retirement plans to get a really big pay day. Otherwise he's going to have to settle with some of the names I mentioned. It's a quite simple equation really.

Don't respond or try to debate if you're going to act like a ******ed little 13 year old kid though. I got "zero" time for little kids.
                Last edited by True That; 08-29-2017, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MexicanStyle#1 View Post
                  Make the Cotto vs Pacquaio rematch and let them both retire with a good paycheck!!! this would make business sense...
                  Who's gonna train them smart guy.

But that would be a good one though. Not going to happen Cotto wins doe

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
                    Ill say Floyd fir a true farewell vs two FHOF and right now Cotto takes him! . Thurman, Garia or Khan at 150.
                    Best idea. But I pass on garcia and khan. I already who wins those fights. Intrigue lies with Floyd and Thurman as I don't know who would win in these fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                      Who's gonna train them smart guy.

But that would be a good one though. Not going to happen Cotto wins doe
                      Freddie mentioned previously that if Cotto and Pacquiao fought each other again that he would not train either guy for that fight, that he would be neutral.

That fight won't happen though.

Comment

Working...
                      X