Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo vs GGG: The Aftermath

What happens after the BIG fight...
    Wanted to discuss some scenarios...

If Canelo wins, I'd like to see him fight Lemieux.
    If he loses, I'd like to see him take a fight with a lesser opponent (Andy Lee/Martin Murray), then do the rematch.

If GGG wins, I'd like to see him finally move up in weight and fight Gilberto Ramirez, or fight Ward at a catchweight.
    If GGG loses, I'd also like for him to take a tune up with a lesser opponent, maybe Lemieux rematch, then Canelo 2.

What are your thoughts boxing aficionados?

What's the fascination with Lemieux?

Alvarez with unify with BJS. Or the biggest shocker Monroe Jr. beats BJS lol

Comment

Originally posted by reneg_2 View Post

If he loses, I'd like to see him take a fight with a lesser opponent (Andy Lee/Martin Murray), then do the rematch.

If GGG wins, I'd like to see him finally move up in weight and fight Gilberto Ramirez, or fight Ward at a catchweight.
      If GGG loses, I'd also like for him to take a tune up with a lesser opponent, maybe Lemieux rematch, then Canelo 2.

the two most likely scenarios:
      canelo wins: cotto rematch in december...
      ggg wins: canelo rematch may 2018...

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post

I think Lemieux has done enough to earn a big fight with Canelo or a rematch with GGG, he would get smashed again though.

Comment

I want the winner to fight and beat BJS and become undisputed.

Then either do the rematch (if the fight was competitive) or

If it's Canelo - fight Danny Jacobs, Lemieux or Charlo if he earns his shot.

If it's Golovkin - move up.

Comment

What you make of this Mirko? He aint trying to get out of it is he?

Comment

That wouldn't be that much of a shocker. Monroe only lacks power, He's the better boxer. He just doesn't have any pop.

Comment

Originally posted by reneg_2 View Post

Would like to see Jacobs/GGG rematch.

Or Jacobs v. Canelo.

The winner should take on a legit badass opponent. Jacobs is that guy. Charlo is that guy.

GGG should go for BHOP's record of defenses if he wins. Not move up. He's too old, and there's no awesome incentive up there at 168.

Comment

All depends on how the winner wins. If it is a razor thin or controversial decision, then a rematch would be in order. If one of them gets KTFO, then winner should try to unify with Saunders (if he has the balls to fight the winner). Loser needs to regroup and consider their options or commitment to the MW division.

I would like to see Charlo/Jacobs square off, winner gets winner of this fight. Lemieux vs. Canelo is intriguing.

I don't see anyone compelling enough at 168 for GGG to move up for, Ramirez included. MW division is heating up, 168 is drying up. Ward will not come down to 164 to fight GGG, he might be willing to do 168 if the money is right. That would be the only fight at 168 I would be interested in seeing GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                    What you make of this Mirko? He aint trying to get out of it is he?

I've noticed many people use the notes feature. Maybe I should to. However, I take Willie is at least making 50k British for this. I take it 5-6. Monroe just needs to bet the aftermath is all worth it. Forget the expenses. But it would be nice if he got a sponsor

Comment

Working...
                    X