No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Yarde Very Motivated Ahead of WBO Euro Title Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
    Remains to be seen whether it really is a step-up in class. Ajisafe, McIntyre or Baker would be good opponents to fill the rest of the year after this. Ajisafe in particular would be a live dog
    Apparently Jake Balls oppjnent from sat night Ko'd Biryani so im not hopeful.

Edit: just checked that and i dont know where they got that info from because i cant see it on Brec.

I like Yarde but its getting to be a bit of a joke at the moment

Comment

He's probably not ready for the first four guys you mentioned either. You don't go from area title to top 20 world contender in one leap. There have to be a few steps in between for a guy like Yarde who didn't have much of an amateur career. I mentioned three British fighters earlier who would be step-ups for him and are not tied down to Hearn. The guy who Buglioni just faced would be a good opponent too, if he's also a free agent. Then after he beats a couple of live bodies from the domestic scene he can think about challenging for Murat's EBU
      Agree that he not ready for these fighters as you have stated he did not really much of an amateur career. I only mentioned them names as I thought he would struggle with them let a lone with the top guys.

Summers is a good shout to see where he is at.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post

Edit: just checked that and i dont know where they got that info from because i cant see it on Brec.

You can never trust an Hungarians record

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post

When Warren first mentioned that he would be facing a ranked WBO fighter next I brought the website up and couldn't believe it because they all looked really strong. Then I noticed this random Hungarian bouncer squeezed in there and was like ohhh so that's it. Typical Warren. I've had enough of this ****ing WBO European title, it's no better than the WBU he used to have all of his guys fight for

Comment

Originally posted by kavi521 View Post
            Yarde is talented and has power but is still learning.

He should be fighting Gonzalez, Pascal, Murat or Barrera if he wins this fight to see where he is at. That would be a good step up in levels for him. He is not ready for Gvozdyk, Kovalev or Stevenson yet.

I don't think Bellew would beat Ward.
            Agree re Yarde, he's not ready for the elites yet.

Bellew has a good chance of beating Ward, he's the bigger, stronger man, he's a fully fledged CW with power. Ward is a blown up SMW.

Comment

Yarde is grating on me, way too c0cky, acts like hes the top dawg when he's fought zero live opponents.
              Beterbiev would decapitate him

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
                I remember when Tyson Fury was making his way up, posters were saying this very thing. The rest was history.
                You act like Tyson Fury is a HOF for one win.

Comment

When Warren first mentioned that he would be facing a ranked WBO fighter next I brought the website up and couldn't believe it because they all looked really strong. Then I noticed this random Hungarian bouncer squeezed in there and was like ohhh so that's it. Typical Warren. I've had enough of this ****ing WBO European title, it's no better than the WBU he used to have all of his guys fight for
                  I hope he is getting top sparring a' la Eubank Jnr but i dont think he is. At least i havent heard anything or seen any sparring vids pop up. Unless TOWIE 'star' James Argent counts

Hope they dont hurt his career because i think he is very talented

Comment

Originally posted by kavi521 View Post
                    Yarde is talented and has power but is still learning.

He should be fighting Gonzalez, Pascal, Murat or Barrera if he wins this fight to see where he is at. That would be a good step up in levels for him. He is not ready for Gvozdyk, Kovalev or Stevenson yet.

I don't think Bellew would beat Ward.
                    Needs to graduate domestic level first mate.

Comment

Yarde is no good I'm afraid. Buatsi is the guy to keep an eye on at 175. Now that's a real monster.

Comment

Working...
                      X