Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence Confirms Hurting, Stopping Broner in Sparring Session

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kavi521 View Post
    Spot on! Spence has a lot of hype around him and could be a beast but we have to wait and see.

Let's not forget that Paulie gave Broner a good fight at 147 and Spencer is a big 147. So should not look into that too much.

I think this is a 50/50 fight and you could stay this is better than Thurman/Garcia as both are natural 147 fighters. Garcia grew into the weight.

If I had to pick, I would say Kell on points. Expect him to do the same performance he did against Porter and hit and hold.
    I agree, I think he will fight the same way against Spence.

Comment

Saw the interview.. Spence seems to be a good guy, didn't want to give much details away but Kreigel kept probing at him to say more.. Its sparring, stuff happens.. It is undeniable Spence might be a better puncher than the current WW but Brook & Thurman are more fluid than Spence.. Being a southpaw might give him an advantage in terms of the angle.. Can't wait for the fight..

Comment

Spence was very humble about it in the interview, as he said "stuff like that happens in the gym all the time "

Comment

When this first came out, some guys here barked like hound dogs that it wasn't true which was nothing more than a knee jerk reaction and I said "Look, how hard is it to believe Spence fked up Broner? This is not asking you to believe that UFO's landed on the white house and a baby gave birth to it's own mother!! Watas, a poster here said he had a very reliable source who was there that said it happened and guys here went all goon on Watas.

Comment

Originally posted by kavi521 View Post
            Spot on! Spence has a lot of hype around him and could be a beast but we have to wait and see.

Let's not forget that Paulie gave Broner a good fight at 147 and Spencer is a big 147. So should not look into that too much.

I think this is a 50/50 fight and you could stay this is better than Thurman/Garcia as both are natural 147 fighters. Garcia grew into the weight.

If I had to pick, I would say Kell on points. Expect him to do the same performance he did against Porter and hit and hold.

Problem with that theory is that he won't be able to hold Spence like he did Porter.. Porter throws wild, wide hooks to the body, when inside, which allowed Kell to wrap him at the elbows to stop his inside attack.. Spence holds the telephone with his shots on the inside and throws uppercuts to the body.. There won't be much for Kell to grab with how Spence holds his guard unless he lunges for it during the exchange.. If he lunges, he is sure to be hit with massive body shots on the way in.. I doubt Brook tries to clinch unless he is backed to the corner or ropes, where Spence is most dangerous..

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
              Saw the interview.. Spence seems to be a good guy, didn't want to give much details away but Kreigel kept probing at him to say more.. Its sparring, stuff happens.. It is undeniable Spence might be a better puncher than the current WW but Brook & Thurman are more fluid than Spence.. Being a southpaw might give him an advantage in terms of the angle.. Can't wait for the fight..

Being a southpaw, I think the angles will work towards Spence's advantage.. He has no choice but to face mostly orthodox fighters since they are the majority but has Kell fought a southpaw at the level that Spence is.. I understand that he claims himself an the "southpaw slayer" but the best southpaws he faced was Gavin and Dan.. I don't feel that either of them have the ring generalship of Spence nor were the same threat by a long shot..

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
                BigDunny1 confirmed

Wouldn't be surprised to see Broner release an emotional twitter statement shortly after getting word of this. Lol
                Broner is not going to like this lol

Comment

Broner is an average fat little Imp trying to box at 147lbs poorly

Spence is a top fighter and Broner is a fat pudgy average boxer with a big mouth and apparent penchant for getting into trouble and disrespecting others in an ignorant attitlude that is heading to a life in a jail cell.

Comment

I wouldnt mind seeing Spence stopping Broner in the ring

Comment

Winner vs Thurman in the Fall Please. Al Haymon better step it up, Golden Boy is leaving them in the dust. GGG vs Canelo and the triple header for July 15 on HBO.

Comment

Working...
                      X