Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Marco Huck, Mairis Briedis Ready For War - Weight-In

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Marco Huck, Mairis Briedis Ready For War - Weight-In

The weights are in for Saturday's big doubleheader. Marco Huck - who weighed 199.5-pounds - will battle with Mairis Briedis - who also weighed 199.5-pounds - for the vacant WBC cruiserweight world title. Also on the card, Christina Hammer - who weighed 158.73-pounds - takes on Maria Lindbergh, who was 154.32-pounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Damn CW is such a stacked, talented division. It's definitely the most stacked, and talented/competitive division in boxing.

It just gets no love, and overlooked cause just about every single top fighter in the division is European.

And, of course, with the glamour division being just north at HW - people often view CW as just a "layover" for HW's.

Comment

Christina Hammer, please let me hammer you.

Comment

even fight

Comment

i vote for briedis win. think it will be the beginning ot hucks end. and i would like to say something about the female fight but the view on christina hammer left me speech and breathless...

Comment

Huck always tries to steal rounds with flurries at the end, it works in Germany, if Briedis doesn't allow him to do it and box smart he should take it.

Comment

Originally posted by buckfuddy View Post
              Huck always tries to steal rounds with flurries at the end, it works in Germany, if Briedis doesn't allow him to do it and box smart he should take it.
              I would agree with you except, I do not think that Huck got gifts like Felix Sturm. He always fights and has a fairly elevated work rate. Bredis is a dog (and an extremely live one), but he is an easier fight for Huck. Huck is a good boxer and controls the distance.
              Flurries or combinations? I think Huck throws combinations

Comment

Originally posted by BoxngLove View Post
                I would agree with you except, I do not think that Huck got gifts like Felix Sturm. He always fights and has a fairly elevated work rate. Bredis is a dog (and an extremely live one), but he is an easier fight for Huck. Huck is a good boxer and controls the distance.
                Flurries or combinations? I think Huck throws combinations
                He is a good boxer, Huck, yeah. But, ref in Germany always allowed him to fight dirty (he is notorious in rabbit punching) and when necessary score the fight "right" way (first Arslan for example iirc).
                And yeah, flurries, he very rarely lands something from that combos. He just throws set of punches.
                But I am a Huck haiter, not as a person, but as a Wegner's boxing scholar, hate this style.

Comment

Oh Boy these women look like war-machines!

Comment

If Breidis shows good stamina, I think he stops Huck.

Comment

Working...
                    X