No announcement yet.

Ezzard Charles vs Ken Norton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ezzard Charles vs Ken Norton

Kind of a random match up I selected. The slick boxing master Ezzard Charles vs the strong, skilled Ken Norton. Any thoughts?
    Ezzard Charles
    33.33%
    Ken Norton
    66.67%

i think charles gets a ud if its the charles that beat louis

but other wise norton could takes it

his pressure and akward style could really give allot of boxers fits

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
      i think charles gets a ud if its the charles that beat louis

but other wise norton could takes it

his pressure and akward style could really give allot of boxers fits
      Yeah Nortons ability to take away a jab and pressuring was a prefect counterfoil for pure boxers. BTW how's it been I dont see you post as often and it looks like you keep getting banned and unbanned

Comment

Charles needs to be at his best to defeat Norton or he'll get swamped. Norton just has that style to give boxers hell.

Comment

I've got Norton too, he was poison to slick orthodox boxers. A decision win is likely but a KO wouldn't be out of the question.

As excellent a technician as Charles was, at heavyweight I don't think he really had the power to move Norton and stop his advance.

As has already been said, the best version of Charles at heavyweight was the guy who beat Joe Louis, a fight involving that version of Charles could be interesting....but I'd still lean towards Norton.

Comment

I'm going with Ezz on this one. He'll be in for one heck of a night, as Norton was at his best against boxers (Ali, Holmes, Young) but also, in all those fights, they were real close contests. What tipped the balance for me was Charles' work rate. I think he was a tad busier than Norton, who was at his best when counter-punching.

I don't see a KO either way. Close decision for Charles.

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
              Yeah Nortons ability to take away a jab and pressuring was a prefect counterfoil for pure boxers. BTW how's it been I dont see you post as often and it looks like you keep getting banned and unbanned
              ive been doing well

ls boxing scen means more being prdutic=ve and having a real life

i got temp bans on nsb for duplicate posting

the mod didnt even specicy

if he told me directly i would have know what not to do

but it seems like the mods r cracking down

i honestly didnt think i was spamming

but one of the times i deserved it

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
                ive been doing well

ls boxing scen means more being prdutic=ve and having a real life

i got temp bans on nsb for duplicate posting

the mod didnt even specicy

if he told me directly i would have know what not to do

but it seems like the mods r cracking down

i honestly didnt think i was spamming

but one of the times i deserved it
                Good cuz you make some of the best threads around here and sometimes it can get a bit dead.

Comment

i'd pick charles to outbox him while facing the risk of being knocked out for 15 rounds

if he loses i do think it would be a stoppage

norton was not the hardest man to hit in the world, and charles had a ton of craft and was a very great counterpuncher and he knew how to use the ring

charles via UD would be my pick

a come from behind stoppage for norton isnt out of the question, though

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    i'd pick charles to outbox him while facing the risk of being knocked out for 15 rounds

if he loses i do think it would be a stoppage

norton was not the hardest man to hit in the world, and charles had a ton of craft and was a very great counterpuncher and he knew how to use the ring

charles via UD would be my pick

a come from behind stoppage for norton isnt out of the question, though
                    Norton caused hell for boxers like Ali and Larry Holmes, you dont think Ezzard Charles would have faced just as much problems if not more from Norton?

Comment

Working...
                    X