Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Fight is at 155 Because Khan Wanted My Title at Stake

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo: Fight is at 155 Because Khan Wanted My Title at Stake

New York, NY - Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez (46-1-1, 32KOs) will defend his middleweight title at a catch-weight of 155-pounds when he fights Amir Khan (31-3, 19KOs), who is moving up by eight pounds, on May 7th at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 03-02-2016, 12:39 AM.

Khan may be ******ed...but the guy never stops believing in his chin.

Comment

So he could have fought Canelo at 154 and gained only respect if he won or he could go 1 lb higher and gain not only respect but the MW title as well.......tough decision

Comment

LeBron didn't have David Blatt fired either.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxtime View Post
          Khan has balls of steels. He could have fought at 154, but instead he chooses to go for glory, and fight at 155. I guess Khan was telling the truth in saying that he wanted Canelo at his optimum weight, so no one has any excuses about a potential win over Canelo.

And anyone talking about this bull**** that Khan had no pull at the negotiating table, he forced Canelo to have a press conference in the UK, getting a bigger turn out on Monday morning, then Canelo could muster at 6pm in NYC.

If anyone watched the press conference in the UK, Khan's manager made it clear that the UK PPV rights will go to the highest bidder. So Team Khan are in total control over what happens in the UK with the TV money.

Source:
          https://www.periscope.tv/Woodsy1069/1DXGyzWqgMkJM
          The reality is, Khan sells tickets in the UK and the US and he does millions on terrestrial tv...heck he did millions on terrestrial tv for an amateur rematch versus Kindalan when he was only 17/18.

The haters will hate but it's sheer ******ation to deny Khan's pulling power and his status as a star in the sport. Mayweather didn't want none, Pacquiao doesn't want any and Bradley/JMM have admitted the same, no matter the money on the table cos no one outside of Pac/May and possibly Canelo in the US, brings the Khan type of attention or money.

Good to see Khan getting tonnes of support.

Comment

I dunno if the WBC would've been happy about that, they didn't grant Canelo an extra fight before GGG just to miss out on the sanctioning fees from it.

Comment

Well either him or Oscar is lying.....

Oscar said Khan wanted it at 154 but Canelo wanted it at 155 to defend is title.

Comment

Originally posted by PeasantCrusha View Post
                Khan may be ******ed...but the guy never stops believing in his chin.
                Yup and unfortunately it never stops failing him...

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                  So he could have fought Canelo at 154 and gained only respect if he won or he could go 1 lb higher and gain not only respect but the MW title as well.......tough decision
                  /end thread

Comment

That is stupid, why not Canelo drop that Middleweight Belt and go down 1lbs and then fight for that Vacant WBC 154 strap

I think it would shut up a lot of Critics of this fight to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                    X