Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Fernando Vargas have beaten Felix Trinidad if he punched Tito in the balls too?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by punchr View Post

I got to talk to him about that in person (I brought up the video when I visited his gym). He was just as convinced and animated when he was telling the story. Said he only remembers instances of the fight. It was an awesome experience, I love having conversations with boxers. They have some of the most intriguing stories.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
      You only remember the parts of the fight that you want to remember. Vargas did punch Trinidad in the balls and was penalized a point for it. Vargas was out of his league and got beat by a superior fighter. Two fights later, Vargas got KO'd by another superior fighter named Oscar De La Hoya.
      That's why I said "if Vargas threw more low blows." Reading and comprehension!

Comment

we're still going over this 15yrs later eh

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
          what if i never married that whore of an ex-wife of mine? what if i didn't let some rice-scented poon dictate my life?
          Lol.

But think about it, Baya. Vargas was only 22 years old when he fought Trinidad.

Originally posted by Trinidad_Fan View Post
          B.S. troll thread...... LOL.

As it's been said, Vargas DID punch Trinidad in the balls. But to humor the thread author, let's say on that night Vargas could've beaten Trinidad if he'd brought a steamroller with him. He didn't..... so he lost.

Hope this helps.
          Vargas wasn't as experienced as Trinidad in championship fights. When Vargas turned pro Trinidad was already an established champion. He knew about the dirty tricks in professional boxing. Vargas didn't. He should have punched Tito's family jewels into his stomach.

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
          I got to talk to him about that in person (I brought up the video when I visited his gym). He was just as convinced and animated when he was telling the story. Said he only remembers instances of the fight. It was an awesome experience, I love having conversations with boxers. They have some of the most intriguing stories.
          When you talk to him again record it. It would be cool to hear what he has to say.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            we're still going over this 15yrs later eh
            With time comes understanding.

Also, it's 2015. Use correct grammar and punctuation. You're not a caveman. It makes you come off as uneducated.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
              With time comes understanding.

Also, it's 2015. Use correct grammar and punctuation. You're not a caveman. It makes you come off as uneducated.

ok grammar nazi

it wouldn't have made a difference...Vargas was outgunned in that fight

Comment

It had nothing to do with the 150 left hooks he ate in like round 1.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                  what if i never married that whore of an ex-wife of mine? what if i didn't let some rice-scented poon dictate my life?
                  If I see you in person I'm buying you a beer.

Comment

Vargas was simply not dirty enough.

Comment

Originally posted by mezoomozaa View Post
                      Vargas was simply not dirty enough.
                      Yeah, you're right, he was only stupid to bank his whole game plan on standing toe to toe with a puncher.

If stupidity was a crime he would've gotten the death penalty at birth.

Comment

Working...
                      X