Sergio Martinez: "I know that my next fight will be my best"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergio Martinez: "I know that my next fight will be my best"

http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/1...ez-pelea-boxeo

[Some of it doesn't look right because google chrome just translated it for me lol, but it still is an interesting article for all of you Martinez doubters and fans alike ]

almost no energy. Notices were consumed by the physical and emotional lived, not just last Saturday at Velez Sarsfield, which defended the world middleweight belt WBC , but also during the previous months, with such expectation, anxiety and planning of the evening . But, even so, with the body and face bruised and broken left hand, the Quilmes lost no kindness. It also warns that at this point in the circumstances it difficult to talk, respond, analyze. It does, yes, and with a smile, but maintains the warmth in speech per protocol and not wanting to be there giving their views on what made ​​the win against Martin Murray. I just want to relax , think about any other subject unless in boxing, fists, into strategies. Now leave the room that used at the Sheraton Retiro, which served instead of bunker, but before returning to Spain or the United States, Holiday Wonder will stay in our country for about a month. "A bit of sightseeing, you know," said the boxer yesterday afternoon, in one of the last reports in the Buenos Aires hotel, showing the left hand covered by a splint that will have 45 days, and then begin the slow treatment.

The Argentine, who crossed with Murray yesterday in the lobby of the hotel ("You are a true champion," said the British) , confided that will work out in the next 40 days as the right knee operated last year for breaking meniscus-can not remain inactive. "I'm used to injuries, do not give much importance," he said. The status of your hand is, today, the point of concern. Compression fracture largest carpal bone creates uncertainty. Still, Sergio looks ahead. "Now I'll have time to think, in the six months to put the mind comes cold.'ll Think of what to do. But I know that the next will be my best fight," he said with pride.

Martinez knows that the day on Saturday was historic for several reasons. And yesterday, he was still pending final figure of tickets sold and even bothered to learn how points are calculated on the TV rating (between TyCSports Public TV, the fight reached peaks of 45.4 points). Know it was not his best boxing show, but declared: "Like any athlete I can be good and bad days, but had to win this fight anyway, with a goal on the hour, off-side. I won it and I did legitimately ". Wonder confirmed that broke his hand in the 2nd round and admitted that "from 11 ° to 12 ° round" coach Pablo Sarmiento warned that Murray had dropped the level, but could not knock him out and he could not have continued with their most dangerous hand. And to be local unfamiliar sensations caused him: "You have to bancarse 40,000. You think it is simple but not easy. Was something extra. Thought I was not going to give importance but was gravitating, was a particular feeling to know I had so many people depending on you. " Now come the time for rest. But, far from thinking of a retreat, Martinez wants to look forward.

"Willing to die in the ring"
    The Uruguayan Sampson Lewkowicz, one of the promoters of Maravilla Martinez said in TyCSports: "Sergio is made ​​bag. At the farewell dinner last night [on the night before last] we told the group that if he had to die in the ring had problems or remorse in doing that night. "
Working...
X