No announcement yet.

Chad Dawson: "Theres a New King in Town"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad Dawson: "Theres a New King in Town"

Him and Shaw talk about the fight and basically call out the winner of Roy Jones Jr. and Joe Calzaghe or Kelly Pavlik and Bernard Hopkins. That they fear nobody in boxing. If they want the fight to be made it will be and not at a catchweight, but @ 175. There was a rematch clause in the contract, but why would Tarver put himself through that.

With the recent wave of Taylor, Pavlik, Abraham, and Miranda moving up to SMW; the division will be too crowed and not enough belts or money matchups so someone will have to move up to LHW to challenge Dawson.

Joe Calzaghe
    53.49%
    Bernard Hopkins
    2.33%
    Roy Jones Jr.
    16.28%
    Kelly Pavlik
    27.91%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by egreezy; 10-13-2008, 05:39 AM.

added a poll

Comment

I really don't want to see ROy fight CHad at any stage. Chad is the future at 175, no doubt. I would not pick anyone there over him at the moment. And he beats everyone who could move up from 168 also. I don't see any of Kessler, Pavlik or AA troubling Chad too much and I would give him the edge over the ageing Calzaghe as well.

Comment

Calzaghe-Jones winner.

Comment

Originally posted by egreezy View Post
          Him and Shaw talk about the fight and basically call out the winner of Roy Jones Jr. and Joe Calzaghe or Kelly Pavlik and Bernard Hopkins. That they fear nobody in boxing. If they want the fight to be made it will be and not at a catchweight, but @ 175. There was a rematch clause in the contract, but why would Tarver put himself through that.

With the recent wave of Taylor, Pavlik, Abraham, and Miranda moving up to SMW; the division will be too crowed and not enough belts or money matchups so someone will have to move up to LHW to challenge Dawson.

If Pavlik get by Hopkins and doesn't stay at Middle I'd love to see him and Chad fight. I think Dawson outboxes him, but Kelly always has that punchers chance and it would be damn entertaining.

Comment

Call me crazy but I'd like to see him fight Andre Dirrell in about a year. Now? Probably Kessler.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
              Call me crazy but I'd like to see him fight Andre Dirrell in about a year. Now? Probably Kessler.
              Dirrell would need a boat load more experience. He's gotten more aggressive lately because he has been able to overwhelm opponents with his speed. That wouldn't be the case with dawson. But down the line, Yeah, it might turn out to be a fun fight.

Comment

Those that vote for Calzaghe, I am assuming you think he should jump ahead of Pavlik for chance at Joe. If so how do you think he justifies it to fans/media that craving for Pavlik match? And if you were Pavlik who would you target to make a demand or claim at winner of Calzaghe/Dawson?

Wright I think should his choice he's got 50+ wins and was Hopkins first defense of his Ring title.

Comment

Originally posted by egreezy View Post
                  Those that vote for Calzaghe, I am assuming you think he should jump ahead of Pavlik for chance at Joe. If so how do you think he justifies it to fans/media that craving for Pavlik match? And if you were Pavlik who would you target to make a demand or claim at winner of Calzaghe/Dawson?

Wright I think should his choice he's got 50+ wins and was Hopkins first defense of his Ring title.
                  Calzaghe is the bigger fight and Dawson would still be the underdog in it so he wouldnt have to justify anything. Of course, assuming that Joe beats Roy. Nothing like some good ol nationalistic revenge my son. Then Dawson/Pavlik would be bigger. How could you have a problem with that?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                    Dirrell would need a boat load more experience. He's gotten more aggressive lately because he has been able to overwhelm opponents with his speed. That wouldn't be the case with dawson. But down the line, Yeah, it might turn out to be a fun fight.
                    Yeah Dirrell is probably 2 or 3 years away, but damn I can see that being a good fight if Andre continues to improve.

Comment

Working...
                    X