Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women's Boxing/Female fight game ever gonna be good/big?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The talent pool is so shallow and physically it could never match men's boxing even if there were more women boxers than male. I just don't see the point when you could be watching men fight instead

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
      False. Women are constantly seen as sex objects in MMA. Just think of Miesha Tate and even Ronda Rousey at one point.

Men probably don't say anything around her because it'll be awkward but when it's just the guys watching fights someone mentions it.

The only reason anyone knows who Heather Hardy is because she's above average for female fighter as far as looks go. Go on any Youtube video of her and all you see is "hot/sexy/i'd smash" comments.

I'm certain her weigh in videos have more views than her fights.
      Women are not seen only as eye candy, though.

Ronda Rousey became Ronda Rousey because of her MIKE TYSON-kind of appeal (that's right, I said it) She was a force, running through her division with viciousness. She had the respect of fellow fighters, male and female (Nick Diaz talking about Ronda's Judo game).

And not only was she exulted for her fight game (known as "The Arm Collector" )... but she was the CONOR McGREGOR before Conor McGregor. She had a certain charisma, she had that 'power of belief' thing happening, and even back when she was in Strikeforce, she was the premier shht-talker in the sport.

On top of that, she had a backstory... Olympic Medalist, living out of her car, health complications at birth, father's suicide, etc...

(On Conon, before even signing with the UFC)

And there have been much hotter chicks than Ronda in MMA.
      Last edited by USMCer; 06-25-2017, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
        Maricela Cornejo..............Mmmmmmm..........she's yummy!
        I second this lol

Comment

I am not impressed with Heather Hardy and I do not think women's boxing will get real big. There might be an occasional star that gets air time but that is it.

Comment

I can't see women's boxing or MMA being as big as mens on a consistent basis, but there are peaks that can touch the top end. When Ronda Rousey was crushing the competition, she was a massive draw, arguably the biggest in MMA regardless of gender. The way she crossed over into the mainstream/pop culture was brilliant.

What hamstrings womens sport (when it's a sport that is mirrored by the men doing the same thing), is that the athletic side is always going to be a notch below the men. And while they receive a boost for the sex appeal aspect, pure athletic competition is in these sports can't be topped.

I can't see women's boxing being a big draw - it can't even rely on sex appeal, there's nothing visually attractive about it. At least in MMA they are wearing gear that looks like it needs to be peeled off. Hey, it's marketing.

I could be wrong - sub 130lb divisions in men's boxing gets viewers I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              It will get big if a good looking girl comes along who can also kick serious ass in dominating fashion. A boxing version of Ronda Rousey basically (before she got exposed as being a hype job.)

Heather Hardy is pretty but she's not that great of a boxer.
              Ronda didn't get exposed for being a hype job.

She ran through her division, wrecking Champions/former Champions/future Champions... up until she ran into the style that could beat her.

That's MMA.

Heather's entertaining. She did alright in her MMA debut, put on a crowd-pleasing performance, fought through a bit of adversity, and got the finish (not a very good opponent though). And she's good on the mic, she's comes off genuine and personable... the age-factor's against her (35 yo) but she's got "star" potential, if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by nauti4life85 View Post
                I second this lol

Hell yeah, Maricela Cornejo is hot!
                Last edited by The Time; 06-25-2017, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Speak of the devil, sort of (this was just uploaded)

Dream fight right here...

Cris Cyborg vs Claressa Shields (Boxing or MMA)

Last edited by USMCer; 06-25-2017, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by USMCer View Post
                    Ronda didn't get exposed for being a hype job.

She ran through her division, wrecking Champions/former Champions/future Champions... up until she ran into the style that could beat her.

That's MMA.

Heather's entertaining. She did alright in her MMA debut, put on a crowd-pleasing performance, fought through a bit of adversity, and got the finish (not a very good opponent though). And she's good on the mic, she's comes off genuine and personable... the age-factor's against her (35 yo) but she's got "star" potential, if you ask me.
                    Holm and Nunes both beat her in back to back fights. She was a flavor of the moment for a short while but now she's done. Even the Road House remake she was going to star in has been pulled.

Heather Hardy is not a good enough fighter to be a star.

For female boxing to become big it will take someone that fights like Mike Tyson but looks like Mia St. John.

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
                      Hell yeah, Maricela Cornejo is hot!
                      Definitely lol..I need to go see her in person. Too bad she's married

Comment

Working...
                      X