Collapse
No announcement yet.

Klitschko entitled to 80/20 purse bid split vs Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take cut, get shot, win titles and become the man. If he can win.

Comment

I must admit I felt the same when Pulev was notified he would be due the same cut, but it could be worse Groves only took a 15% cut in the Froch rematch. Pulev really earnt the right to fight Wlad, coming through several higher profile fights than Fury fought, I mean Fury's biggest career win to date is Chisora who really is a journeyman having only convincing wins over the likes of Pala and Gerber whom I never really considered credible at European level, those guys are pretty much the same level of guys like Sprott and Harrison.

I'd say 20 percent is more than fair and adequate in this scenario. Fury needs to accept whatever offer and simply turn up and hope Wladimir got old overnight, a fools hope, but Fury can bounce back against the likes of opponents David Price has been facing in his rebuilding phase over in Germany. Unfortunately the myth he created around himself will have been shattered at that stage, I jus hope we see him fight again after his title shot, I suspect he may take time out after all the rubbish he has spoken lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
        That's actually an appropriate split, all things considered. Klitschko is the biggest name in the division and he has all the belts except one. Fury has.....?

The only time Klitschko gave a fighter a 50/50 split was David Haye, and that was only because Haye had the WBA strap. Fury doesn't bring that to the table he's just a mandatory.
        "gave Haye" lol. Haye brought more money to the table than Klitschko. It was Klitschko's highest payday. Haye had just made £10m against Harrison and was making more than both Klitschko's combined let alone Wlad. So he was given 50/50 he didn't give it.

With regards to Fury, it's obvious what's happening. Klitschko is probably low-balling Fury and has probably offered him a contract with multiple rematch clauses in it.

Bottom line is, who gives a fuk where it's held or who makes what. Just make the damn fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
          I must admit I felt the same when Pulev was notified he would be due the same cut, but it could be worse Groves only took a 15% cut in the Froch rematch. Pulev really earnt the right to fight Wlad, coming through several higher profile fights than Fury fought, I mean Fury's biggest career win to date is Chisora who really is a journeyman having only convincing wins over the likes of Pala and Gerber whom I never really considered credible at European level, those guys are pretty much the same level of guys like Sprott and Harrison.

I'd say 20 percent is more than fair and adequate in this scenario. Fury needs to accept whatever offer and simply turn up and hope Wladimir got old overnight, a fools hope, but Fury can bounce back against the likes of opponents David Price has been facing in his rebuilding phase over in Germany. Unfortunately the myth he created around himself will have been shattered at that stage, I jus hope we see him fight again after his title shot, I suspect he may take time out after all the rubbish he has spoken lol.
          Groves didn't take 15% they made a deal before it got to that stage.

Comment

Say Fury wins gets all the belts obviously he dictates how much Wlad would get in the rematch right?

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyKing View Post

Say Fury wins gets all the belts obviously he dictates how much Wlad would get in the rematch right?
              Yeh, their would likely be one too as K2 could dig as deep as any other promotional outfit with maybe the exception of Ryabinsky's backing of Povetkin, potentially their would be a fight there.

As much as Fury vs Povetkin would be fun to watch, obviously I'm rooting for Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                Groves didn't take 15% they made a deal before it got to that stage.
                How much did Groves come out with in the end compared to Froch ? Dirk stated the other day Froch took 9m sterling, likely before Sky and Eddie took their cut. So Groves took under 2 million right ?

Comment

I cant find even 1 fk to give about this.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
                    I cant find even 1 fk to give about this.
                    Why comment then ? You obviously took the time to read the thread and then comment ! Peculiar.

Comment

Poetic justice, fury fights nothing But bums and while trying to get the wlad fight. When it finally looks like hell get get it, he gets 20 %

Comment

Working...
                      X