Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
    You must not have read GB Olympic captain Tom Stalker's account:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/box...s-Stalker.html
    I have been at the fight but I left right after Martinez fight. I heard that there wrere lots of people on the ring after the fight and it was damaged, so they couldn't do the Saucedo fight. I was at the opposite side from were boxers get to the ring, so i couldn't see all the spitting or drinks thrown you are talking. Lot of people after the fight were saying that Sergio lost and that he was a fraud. Other saw him winning. People were calm, chanting, that's all.

I like rugby. Against all blacks they did a lot better than against springboks. But people here is getting tired of Pumas. They haven't improve much from the 2007 world cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolino View Post
      I have been at the fight but I left right after Martinez fight. I heard that there wrere lots of people on the ring after the fight and it was damaged, so they couldn't do the Saucedo fight. I was at the opposite side from were boxers get to the ring, so i couldn't see all the spitting or drinks thrown you are talking. Lot of people after the fight were saying that Sergio lost and that he was a fraud. Other saw him winning. People were calm, chanting, that's all.

I like rugby. Against all blacks they did a lot better than against springboks. But people here is getting tired of Pumas. They haven't improve much from the 2007 world cup.
      Dang, how was the atmosphere during the fight though?
      Electric I assume.
      People still have a bad taste of Argentina after the Casimero fight

Comment

He may have been exaggerating about that, you never know. However, I have read it's dangerous to go to the stadium during some Velez Sarsfield games.

They're in a tough tournament the Pumas, it doesn't come much harder than Springboks and New Zealand.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          Dang, how was the atmosphere during the fight though?
          Electric I assume.
          People still have a bad taste of Argentina after the Casimero fight
          Well things get a little mix up when they fight a british boxer. The atmosphere were more like a soccer match. It was rainning a lot, people chanting but i did not saw any violence. I also saw pelechin Caballero win a title at Luna Park and nothing happened.The Casimero fight was really a shame. Camioneros is the union of truck workers who were Lazarte's main sponsor. They behave like barra bravas/hooligans and it is part of a bigger problem related to soccer and barrabravas. Fighters from Camioneros should't be allowed to get world title shots.

He may have been exaggerating about that, you never know. However, I have read it's dangerous to go to the stadium during some Velez Sarsfield games.

They're in a tough tournament the Pumas, it doesn't come much harder than Springboks and New Zealand.
          Velez Sarsfield fans aren't the thoughest but problems there are becoming more than usual. Pumas just want to win the wallabies. I like the team but i don't like much the coach or the national rugby union. They couln't take advantage of goods results to turn the sport to professionalism.
          Last edited by Nicolino; 09-07-2013, 05:45 PM.

Comment

You must not have read GB Olympic captain Tom Stalker's account:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/box...s-Stalker.html
            Yeah but you can't compare GGG who's from Kazakhstan (the greatest country in the world BTW) and Murray who's British. You have that historical beef going on.

Comment

Along with the Vélez Sarsfield Stadium, the Estadio Ciudad de La Plata, some minutes south of Buenos Aires, also had been considered for the Martínez - Murray fight. This stadium is smaller (36.000 people seated), but much more modern and safer. The rain, for example, wouldn't have been a problem. They opted instead for Vélez Sarsfield, but the Estadio Ciudad de La Plata is the best option. And if you need a smaller arena, then you have the Luna Park.

Estadio Ciudad de La Plata

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
                Yeah but you can't compare GGG who's from Kazakhstan (the greatest country in the world BTW) and Murray who's British. You have that historical beef going on.
                True.

Velez Sarsfield fans aren't the thoughest but problems there are becoming more than usual. Pumas just want to win the wallabies. I like the team but i don't like much the coach or the national rugby union. They couln't take advantage of goods results to turn the sport to professionalism.
                Yeah, they might do it this year although I don't think they'll manage it in the next meeting (in Australia). Pumas had a horrible start this year but are improving by game. Last year they started well and worse towards the end. We'll see, I'm pulling for them though, I like their team spirit.

Comment

Working...
                X