No announcement yet.

How Come Golovkin HIMSELF never wanted Ward? Verbally speaking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j0zef View Post

Golovkin has stated multiple times he will fight Ward, as far back as 2012 during the now infamous ESPN '154-168' interview question that all the tools love referencing without knowing what they're talking about. He has also stated that Ward refused to fight him him 3 times when HBO approached them - a claim that Ward never denied.

All it takes is a simple google search to prove that the premise of your thread incorrect.
    All it takes is a simple search to find Golovkin saying he doesn't want to fight Ward

I can find audio of ggg shaking his head no and saying "Ward is too much for me" Seriously, why is this even a debate?

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      All it takes is a simple search to find Golovkin saying he doesn't want to fight Ward

I can find audio of ggg shaking his head no and saying "Ward is too much for me" Seriously, why is this even a debate?
      I have that video. It's the same expression that GGG fans say when Kellerman asked Cotto about GGG. Lol!! Golovkin fans are the dumb Pac crossover heads

Comment

Originally posted by ESAU View Post
        Same reason why no other boxer "wants" a high risk/low reward fight. It's not something unique to GGG.

Ward, until he had no more options left, only then fought Kovalev.

GGG and his team put forth an offer that was more than fair, and Ward rejected it: 50/50 on everything - weight, purse, etc.

Why would GGG fight out of his natural weight class for a purse he could make fighting a fellow champion, or top-10 contender in his own weight class, 160?

The only time a fighter willingly goes up a weight class, or dries himself out more than usual for a fight, is if that fight is financially lucrative.

This isn't something unique to GGG - all boxers do it.

If Roc Nation guaranteed GGG 8 million or something like that, I guarantee GGG would've taken the Ward fight at 168 in a heartbeat.

But why fight Ward for 2-3 million, when he could make that, or more, fighting in his own weight class?

So beating a top 5 P4P fighter in the sport would be a low reward? Who are you kidding? A win over would've instantly launched him into the spotlight, at 168 he could've gotten plenty of fights.

Ward just fought Barrera, that's high risk low reward, a fighter even more dangerous than ggg and he took him as a tuneup! But yeah, he ducked a guy that struggled with Ouma, Jacobs, Brook for punchers like Barrera and Kovalev. Makes a lot of sense.

ggg was calling out Ward when he was semi-retired, as soon as Ward got a tuneup he shut up real quick. There's even video of him saying "Ward is too much for me", ggg never wanted and his resume proves that. He doesn't take risks.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
          So beating a top 5 P4P fighter in the sport would be a low reward? Who are you kidding? A win over would've instantly launched him into the spotlight, at 168 he could've gotten plenty of fights.

Ward just fought Barrera, that's high risk low reward, a fighter even more dangerous than ggg and he took him as a tuneup! But yeah, he ducked a guy that struggled with Ouma, Jacobs, Brook for punchers like Barrera and Kovalev. Makes a lot of sense.

ggg was calling out Ward when he was semi-retired, as soon as Ward got a tuneup he shut up real quick. There's even video of him saying "Ward is too much for me", ggg never wanted and his resume proves that. He doesn't take risks.
          No I'm saying there's literally no testimony (verbiage) Of Golvokin wanting to fight Ward in interview. He has only contextualized hypothetical questions "would you be willing to fight Ward?" He as in any interview with another fighter says "yes it would be interesting, for fans...". He says that about any fighter. However he has backtracked with wanting Alvarez to not wanting him in the videos before Jacobs and now again K2 speaks for him "wanting" The Alvarez bout with headlines from Loeffler.

If Gennady really wanted Ward he would be more like Lomachenko and be straight forward with the fights he wants. Golovkin is like a Pacquiao and relies on matchmaking done by Abel and Tom or perhaps the Herman Brothers as well. If Gennady really wanted to prove himself he would've already been dominating at 168 with or without Ward if he's as good as HBO has milked it, which would then have pressured Ward to have interest. It's pretty straight forward.

Golovkin fans don't see the irony that if you and your team literally said 168 was easy but you've been milking at 160 well we pretty much know the probability of publicity stuntin

Comment

Will we ever hear Golvokin say he wants to fight Ward?

Comment

Working...
            X