No announcement yet.

Yuriorkis Gamboa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuriorkis Gamboa

Do you think its possible at this late stage for Gamboa to return to glory against the likes of lomanchenko or garcia?

Surely he could beat flanagan?

Comment

no doubt about it, really not convinced mikey or loma beat gamboa without much problems

Comment

I don't think so. He looked like **** last month.

Comment

I think Gamboa's best days are behind him. Damn shame, all that potential flushed down the toilet. At age 35, with all that inactivity in the last few years, and without a top trainer, Yuri isn't likely to return to form. I think he's still got enough in the tank to offer a challenge to the top guys, but no way I'm favoring Gamboa over guys like Lomachenko or Garcia.

Comment

I think Gamboa's days are numbered as a fighter. He looked so bad in his last outing.

Comment

Greed and wrong sense of self-worth blinds these types of fighters. He thought he's worth more than he deserved. He thought he could be the next big star. Much like Mikey, Chavez, who had to accept a circus fight to make the kind of money he's getting from where he left.

Comment

I honestly think he was at his best in about 2011 and all th inactivity over the years has just destroyed his career, by the time he fought Crawford I think he'd started depleting & that was years ago now, he could still beat some guys in the top 10 but he's not a threat to Loma or garcia at this point

Comment

He's 35, inactive, still without a proper trainer and still not set on a weight class.

He was a special talent, but it has been wasted. He's still capable of some things, but we'll be lucky to see 75% of what he used to be.

Comment

hard to tell he has been so inactive for so many years and just fought for the first time a few weeks ago. Has a quick turnaround for his next fight which is great for him. He needs fights, and rounds to knock off the rust. I think his Castellanos fight on ESPN will be a good judge to see where he is at. If he looks great then you can talk about how he will fair against the top guys. Otherwise he needs more fights and at best late this year early next year until you throw him to the wolves with the big names.

Comment

Working...
                    X