Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here ever ate Mushrooms that grew in your front lawn?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here ever ate Mushrooms that grew in your front lawn?

I was watching some local show this guy claims their are edible food in the city and in the parks and yards, he was cooking garden snails, and even said you can eat certain mushrooms on your lawn.

I don't eat mushrooms, not even the ones from the stores. I dont trust them ever since my friend got sick eating one from someones front lawn in jr high.

I remember my friend eating some lawn mushrooms back in junior high. We were eating pizza and he told me those white mushrooms on the lawn were safe so he picked one off the lawn and cleaned it and cut it up and put it on his slice of pizza, we were laughing at him saying you are gross man. you know how kids are wanting to do gross stuff to show off to their friends thats what he was doing, and it backfired on him.

after 40 minutes he starting puking and telling us help im dying he was literally rolling on the ground and grabbing his sides he said he had to take a dump so he ran to the restroom and he was puking and chitting.

He had to go to the hospital and they said he had food poisoning from the mushroom and they put him on an IV because he was dehydrated.

I still remember the police officer scolded him saying whats wrong with you young man? and my friend who was 12 was crying saying im sorry no officer im sorry please God help me, I didn't mean to do it. He was even telling the officer he stole his dads adult magazines and all this personal stuff lol I guess thats what happens when you think you are dying you start confessing stuff for forgiveness.

When we checked on him he said he was sorry he was crying and said he wouldn't do something stupid again, he told us it was embarrassing because for two days he was chitting his pants in bed and had to drink a lot of fluids.

Whats crazy is once he got better and his appetite came back the dude wouldn't stop eating food non stop he was on an IV and had to eat mostly soups so when he ate food he stuffed himself.
    Last edited by hectari; 02-13-2017, 03:05 PM.

You really gotta know your ****, I'd only eat a wild shroom if i knew it was psilocybin.

Honestly wouldn't risk it, there's a ton of shrooms that will make you sick or worst.

Comment

Sometimes I feel like hectari is legally ******ed.

hectari is like sunspace lite, or diet sunspace.

Comment

Speaking of shrooms. I shroomed alot in high school but havent had any as an adult.

Is it easy to to grow your own in good quality?

I wanna shroom and go to Joshua Tree lol.

Comment

Don't eat wild mushrooms unless you want to risk getting a Darwin Award.

As Rudyo said, many types of them will mess you up bad or even kill you.

Just a quick Google search will bring up many instances.

Comment

Wow that was a rollercoaster ride of a post.

Comment

I remember my mom telling me about some Mexicans who got sick and one who died of liver failure eating some wild mushrooms they picked in the field.

Apparently this is the most dangerous one, Amanita virosa its called death angel because its lethal and causes acute liver failure even advised not to touch it.

It looks like the one my friend ate.

Comment

Originally posted by PF Rudyo View Post
                You really gotta know your ****, I'd only eat a wild shroom if i knew it was psilocybin.

Honestly wouldn't risk it, there's a ton of shrooms that will make you sick or worst.
                I dont even like to eat canned shrooms

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                Don't eat wild mushrooms unless you want to risk getting a Darwin Award.

As Rudyo said, many types of them will mess you up bad or even kill you.

Just a quick Google search will bring up many instances.
                Yeah man, my neighbors dog died from eating a mushroom in his field this when I used to live out in the countryside.

Mushrooms are one of those foods that I dont mess with knowing its a fungi and that many of them can make you sick, heck if you eat a spoiled mushroom you will get super bad diarhea and cramps

Comment

No, it doesn't worth the risk. If what you eat is poisonous you either puke it out off your system or you die.
                  Even eating a little much everyday seeds or grains can cause us our sorry lives.
                  Plus, mushrooms don't even have any taste really, like air or water you know

Comment

Originally posted by Rovi View Post
                    No, it doesn't worth the risk. If what you eat is poisonous you either puke it out off your system or you die.
                    Even eating a little much everyday seeds or grains can cause us our sorry lives.
                    Plus, mushrooms don't even have any taste really, like air or water you know
                    yeah they dont really have a taste, I remember eating one in my salad and it only had a slight like very slight mineral taste.

I wonder who started introducing mushroom fungui as an edible food.

Comment

Working...
                    X