No announcement yet.

Marco Antonio Barrera is a great fighter Im not sure he is an ATG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marco Antonio Barrera is a great fighter Im not sure he is an ATG

The lower weight classes has a rich history of fighters and he fought a lot of his career at 122-130 where all-time greats have fought

Where would he stack up against ATG like Abe Attell, Kid Chocolate, Eder Jofre, Willie Pep, Sandy Saddler, Salvador Sanchez, Tony Canoneri, Manuel Ortiz, wilfredo gomez, ruben Olivarez, Azumah Nelson, Sugar Ramos, etc.

I just don't see him being able to compete with the all time greats from the past

His accomplishments don't equate to the type of fanfare and hoopla he gets on this forum.

He is personally one of my favorites and his wars with Erik Morales are legendary. Hamed was no pushover and Barrera took care of him. Tapia,Ayala , Kelley and many more...IMO he is an ATG. He was a technical genius similar to JMM.
    Last edited by DondiNeverLeft; 08-25-2014, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DONDIisBack View Post
      He was a technical genius similar to JMM.

That man was a true warrior. in my books he's >>> Morales.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DONDIisBack View Post
          He is personally one of my favorites and his wars with Erik Morales are legendary. Hamed was no pushover and Barrera took care of him. Tapia,Ayala , Kelley and many more...IMO he is an ATG. He was a technical genius similar to JMM.
          He had great punching ability and combos, adequate technique

wouldn't say a genius....if he was he would have got by Jones the second time

Comment

He is one of the top ten fighters of the 21st century

Comment

It's close. He's certainly a great fighter. I'm not sure I'd put.him in the ATG category, but he was quite the fighter. I'm a big fan.

Comment

Obvious agenda is obvious. Pitiful flo job, go defend illiteracy

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  The lower weight classes has a rich history of fighters and he fought a lot of his career at 122-130 where all-time greats have fought

Where would he stack up against ATG like Abe Attell, Kid Chocolate, Eder Jofre, Willie Pep, Sandy Saddler, Salvador Sanchez, Tony Canoneri, Manuel Ortiz, wilfredo gomez, ruben Olivarez, Azumah Nelson, Sugar Ramos, etc.

I just don't see him being able to compete with the all time greats from the past

His accomplishments don't equate to the type of fanfare and hoopla he gets on this forum.
                  Obvious troll is obvious.

Barrera is a certified ATG. /thread

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    He had great punching ability and combos, adequate technique

wouldn't say a genius....if he was he would have got by Jones the second time
                    The people who thought barrera lost were paying too much attention to HBO. Roy Jones was biased for his amateur teammate, and HBO rode him.... Barrera outlanded him throwing much fewer punches and landed all the hard punches too.....The only case Jones had for winning is that he worked hard and hung in there... all the quality was from Barrera.

This coming from a Barrera hater.

Comment

Working...
                    X