Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Alexander Facing Brook, No Mayweather Talks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
    Welp that settles it.....

With this bit of news I see no reason for Guerrero to drop his rumored demand of 4 mill and I see both parties settling somewhere in the middle
    That's 100% false and fabricated. There is no 4 million dollar demand from Guerrero, fact.

Comment

Damn people really that impressed with Guerrero performance in that win over Berto??!!?? WTF!!!!!! It was decent but to act like Berto was even a good win and notch on the belt is too much. Besides that Guerrero wasn't impressive at all IMO. He did what he needed to do but I see as this. Guerrero beat up a dude who didn't even really fight back but at the sametime took to many shots in return from a guy who wasn't even fighting with all his might.

Comment

Originally posted by cdub2 View Post
        Guerrero is a joke dude. Floyd would easily outbox him.
        Yeah Berto thought the same thing. Plus if it were such an easy fight...The fight would be made. Easy win...title on the line...hey why not?

dont be so naive!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          That's 100% false and fabricated. There is no 4 million dollar demand from Guerrero, fact.
          Glad that is cleared up.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP
            Quote:

Originally Posted by MJ223

Welp that settles it.....

With this bit of news I see no reason for Guerrero to drop his rumored demand of 4 mill and I see both parties settling somewhere in the middle

I guess this shows we dunno **** about this whole situation. Lol

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
              Jinkee would be soo pissed at you right now. If she reads this, she may take it out on those nasty whores.

Their blood is on your hands. Remember that.
              the hell I care, let her do it, she'll get away with it. She married to the greatest boxer since ali.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                If floyd wanted to fight Guerero this fight would be done. Hes trying to fight the easier fight (meaning...hes trying to DUCK Guerrero) But he cant fight Alexander for no title. Guerrero cant be bought and Floyd cant sell his bullshlt anymore.
                Its Put the **** up or shut the **** up time for Floyd
                If Floyd wanted to fight Guerrero the fight would have been signed in January and promoted during Super Bowl weekend. Guerrero is an unknown so it's shocking that their not trying to promote this right now.

Schaefer is trying to push the Guerrero fight because he knows Devon will not sell. If he comes out and says he doesn't know who the opponent is yet it would look bad on his part so he is just saying that as a cover up.

Nobody is signed to fight anybody as of today and GBP, Ellerbe, Haymon and Floyd are all on a different page.
                Last edited by -PBP-; 02-08-2013, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  If Floyd wanted to fight Guerrero the fight would have been signed in January and promoted during Super Bowl weekend. Schaefer is trying to push the Guerrero fight because he knows Devon will not sell. If he comes out and says he doesn't know who the opponent is yet it would look bad on his part so he is just saying that as a cover up.

Nobody is signed to fight anybody as of today and GBP, Ellerbe, Haymon and Floyd are all on a different page.
                  In a nut shell. They are all looking for the safest fight possible. Not the best fight possible.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    Appreciate the heads up

Comment

"I am the promoter of Devon Alexander and Devon Alexander has a mandatory for the IBF," Schaefer said to BoxingScene.com. "The IBF wouldn't grant a step-aside and so therefore Devon Alexander is going to go and fight Kell Brook, which by the way is the fight I'm working on re-scheduling.

"I have absolutely no awareness of any negotiations taking place with a fighter who is under a promotional contact with us. And Al Haymon, who is the advisor for Devon Alexander and Floyd Mayweather as well, has not confided to me either that there would be any negotiations going on unbeknownst to me."
                      Maybe I'm reading too much into his wording, but it sounds as if he's saying that Alexander is going to fight Brook because the IBF wouldn't grant an exemption. But then he's also saying that there were no negotiations or attempts to fight anyone else. in which case an exemption (or lack of one) wouldn't matter.
                      Last edited by Clegg; 02-08-2013, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X