Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One thing that seems to be lost from last night..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One thing that seems to be lost from last night..

Marquez is 39 years old!!!!!

Does this eclipse Hopkins for title of best old fighter ever? Or does he have to have to be couple years older? It's absolutely an incredible feat imo

hopkins is significantly older, but seriously knocking ATG out Cold > decisioning Pascal

Comment

I don't think one has to be greater than the other in terms of best old guy. I mean, Foreman won the damn HW belt at 50. Why can't they all be equally great?

Although, the caliber of fighter he KO'd was HUGE. Technically, I guess I'd put his achievement above Hop/Foreman.

Comment

Pacquiao is better than Pavlik, Pascal or Moorer. But he got a brutal knockout over him anyway.

I would say so. Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
          I don't think one has to be greater than the other in terms of best old guy. I mean, Foreman won the damn HW belt at 50. Why can't they all be equally great?

Although, the caliber of fighter he KO'd was HUGE. Technically, I guess I'd put his achievement above Hop/Foreman.
          he was no where near 50 he was 45 hopkins was 46

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
            he was no where near 50 he was 45 hopkins was 46
            Ok, my bad. What's your point though. I said they should equally be as great as one another, but JMM's quality of opposition, and the way he won was head and shoulders above what they did.

So, you're arguing to argue. Coll story bro.

Comment

As sports medicine/nutrition becomes more advanced I'm pretty sure we are going to see dedicated older fighters being able to stay in boxing for longer. JMM looks to be a true professional so he might be able to push it a little farther. Fighters that balloon up in weight after fights due to partying and stuff like that will struggle to maintain their bodies when they age.

Comment

Working...
              X