Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody think that Cotto would've quit against Floyd if he was in JMM's position

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
    Some Points I would like to make.

-Ricans are tough as nails. On par with Mexicans.

-JMM is a counterpuncher and looked bad trying to be the aggressor, similar to what happened to him with Chris John.

-Floyd looked good, but he had way too many advantages over a much smaller JMM.

-Cotto is not a quitter. He had a bad night against someone who potentially had bricks in their hands. He took a bad beating that night, but he kept getting up.

An Unrelated Point:

-The level of pure ******ation in this forum has reached an all time high as of late. It seems so many have lost all objectivity and post negatively about certain fighters, for the pure enjoyment of pissing off fellow members or trying to shed their own fighter in a better light. These people know who they are and really should grow the **** up.
    I owe you a green K! I'm all out from the karma thread.

On a related point...the ts opinion of Cotto---that little eyebrow plucking mofo.
    Last edited by jazluvr; 09-21-2009, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
      Cotto didn't quit against Clottey because Clottey let him breathe. I know Floyd isn't physically imposing either. But I think that his corner would throw the towel in similar to the Margarito fight.
      You're a joke bro. You just don't like Cotto period.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
        See this is what I don't get.

According to some people, unless you call someone out on national television, than you don't want to fight them.

Not everyone are ****ing loud mouth punks. As if calling someone out to Merchant or Kellerman is like a binding contract. It literally means NOTHING. What matters is what the promoters do behind the scenes.

This is why Floyd is a child...he thinks that way when it's convienient. When people are calling him out all the time, Marquez does it and he goes "oh I'll whoop that ass easy" and so that's the call out he acknowledges.

Cotto has called Floyd out many times. Just cause you didn't see it on HBO doesn't mean it didn't happen.

And, if he doesn't call Floyd out after the Pac fight, that doesn't mean he doesn't want to fight him. You people put too much ****ing stock into "calling someone out". It means nothing.
        Right now the Cotto-Pacquiao fight needs to play it's course. But after the beating that Cotto took against a slower and more limited fighter than Mayweather and going life and death with a guy who has less power than Mayweather (Clottey couldn't ko Corrales) do you honestly think that Arum wants to put Cotto in with Floyd? His confidence might raise a little bit about Cotto's chances if Cotto beats Pacquiao convincingly, but Arum has other options with Cotto. I can't really blame Cotto for the fight not happening, but Arum will never let this fight happen. And therefore, I have to point out Mayweather ducking the other guys.
        Last edited by Iceta; 09-21-2009, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Cotto's a little unfairly being portrayed as a quitter because of the Margarito fight. He took 11 rounds of punishment, gave everything he had, and if that fight had continued Cotto would not have won and would have possibly suffered serious, permanent damage. He wouldn't quit if he was getting dominated on the scorecards but not taking serious damage.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Cotto's a little unfairly being portrayed as a quitter because of the Margarito fight. He took 11 rounds of punishment, gave everything he had, and if that fight had continued Cotto would not have won and would have possibly suffered serious, permanent damage. He wouldn't quit if he was getting dominated on the scorecards but not taking serious damage.
            I need to remember to green k you for this. This is about the most unbiased statement about the outcome of that fight I've seen yet. You mention nothing of any cheating, and speak only of Cotto's punishment in that fight.

But as a side effect, it gives all the Cotto haters and just people that dislike him for whatever reason to try to discredit him by calling him a quitter. A most excellent post!

Green k given!
            Last edited by jazluvr; 09-21-2009, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Cotto is ten times better than Marquez at 147. I can think of 8 welters that would have KO'd Marquez

Comment

Working...
              X