Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i must admitt the more i watch 24-7 the more i think pacman is gonna kick oscars ass

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kenso View Post
    you are by far my fav poster on this website

so what happens if pacquiao lands solid on DLH's chin and he goes down?
    you should probably ask bill murray, not the poster.

Comment

Originally posted by iBox4Real View Post
      i dont see pacman kicking oscars ass... i just cant see it..... not when Oscars been in the ring with guys his size or bigger like Vargas, Quartey, Tito, Floyd, Shane, etc.

the only time we've seen Oscar in trouble or getting the better of was at 160 w/ hopkins and sturm..... so no i dont see pacman kickin oscars ass
      but those fights were years ago..when oscar was actually a fighter

Comment

Originally posted by kenso View Post
        be a man and stick our bet out !
        oh im not backing out..but im a man and must tell the truth

Comment

If you ask me, Oscar is either doing one of two things: He's training FAR too hard for Pacquiao thinking it's going to be more of a challenge than it really is, or he's bringing in all these names to build the fight when he knows it'll be a cake walk.

The sad thing is: Oscar really can't win in this fight. If he blows him out, it's just the same old "Pacquiao is a ****in lightweight" argument, and if he gets taken the distance or god forbid loses, he's DONE. Nobody would even recognize that Manny is that good, because it'd seem like too big of an upset that the only logical thought is that Oscar is past it too much.

Comment

Like I said before, there are many more factors in this fight that we must consider: Where is Oscar at Right Now in his career. We know he is past his prime. We know he is going to have to make weight at this age/stage of his career. We know he stops jabbing in most of his fights for a reason: his shoulder injury which may or may not be healthy for the fight for the long haul.

If this was a Prime Oscar...forget it; Pac has a small chance of winning.

But since it is not, the odds go up.

Oscar should be favored but we have to remember that Pac should not be counted out.

If Pac was a cleaner technician, I would boost his odds up even further, but since he is not, I'll stick with it being around 35%.

But don’t be surprised if Oscar shows up flat; it’s happened to many fighters at this stage of their careers before…it could happen to Oscar.

One thing is for sure: Pac is still hungry.

Speed: We'll see if Oscar can time Pac because Oscar doesn't have the same speed.

And we will see what happens when Oscar uses the jab against Pac...as well as the straight right which should be used...and of course, the Mother of all tests: The Golden Left hook
            Last edited by Benny Leonard; 12-02-2008, 03:29 PM.

Comment

After watching 24/7, it solidifys my pick for Pac to wear down DLH. Pac is coming to the fight very Fit and very confident. Same with Roach, this is the fight that Roach is very confident of a Victory. Saying he's 90% sure of a Pac Victory. Last time he was this confident was with the Pac-Barrera 1st fight.

What I'm seeing is that Pac is very wrong style for DLH. Same as Pac was a wrong style for MAB. Both are left hookers & almost the same style only DLH a much bigger guy. But the Bigger size will be dragged down by his age, weight Draining & Inactivity.

In contrast this will be Pac at the strongest & the fittest. No weight Draining for him. This time he's the Hungry Person again. Last time he comes in as a Hungry fighter was with Pac-MAB1 & the Pac-EM2 and we knew what he brought in the fight, a Virtuoso Performance. That's what I'm expecting Pac will do to DLH. Pac by TKO rd10/11.

Comment

Pacquiao isnt Floyd or Forbes who are masters in defense. It just so happens that Pacquiao has a good chin but that wont be enought against a much bigger, skillfull and De la Hoya. People were wondering if Oscar had lost his power because he didnt knockdown Floyd or Forbes but thats just because those 2 guys had excellent defense. Pacquiao has average defense and that De la hoya left hook will land.

Comment

Maybe Oscar looks nervous because he knows he cannot ko Pac in 2 rounds and has to carry him at least to the 8th round, to make it look entertaining...but at the same times he knows after round 7 he will start to tire and could have lost some rounds... he could not be fresh enough if Manny is still strong then.

These ppl maybe are sort of planning a gameplan that could be dangerous someway, because if you are a fighter you need go there to take the other guy head off, especially when you are against a champion like Pac is.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
                    After watching 24/7, it solidifys my pick for Pac to wear down DLH. Pac is coming to the fight very Fit and very confident. Same with Roach, this is the fight that Roach is very confident of a Victory. Saying he's 90% sure of a Pac Victory. Last time he was this confident was with the Pac-Barrera 1st fight.

What I'm seeing is that Pac is very wrong style for DLH. Same as Pac was a wrong style for MAB. Both are left hookers & almost the same style only DLH a much bigger guy. But the Bigger size will be dragged down by his age, weight Draining & Inactivity.

In contrast this will be Pac at the strongest & the fittest. No weight Draining for him. This time he's the Hungry Person again. Last time he comes in as a Hungry fighter was with Pac-MAB1 & the Pac-EM2 and we knew what he brought in the fight, a Virtuoso Performance. That's what I'm expecting Pac will do to DLH. Pac by TKO rd10/11.

I agree with that you on that part. Manny has guts to take this fight and I can only imagine what will happen if he wins this Saturday...

Comment

poor oscar...the embarassment of losing to a former flyweight

Comment

Working...
                      X